Is anyone using a VPN?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And make sure your hard drive and its directories are not "shared". That is a doorway in for a hacker.

Dragginourbedaround said:
I was using one for a couple of years. I found that some web sites wouldn't load when the VPN was activated. My browser would also slow down at times. But the reason I gave it up was it didn't load automatically like it was supposed to. I may look for another VPN company.

Same experience here.  We just brought our laptop to a computer repair and general computer services business to have the battery replaced and for a tune-up.  I spoke with the owner who did the work on our laptop and he indicated VPN's are generally not worth having.  So as our service was due to expire we have not renewed.

If a web site slows down or stops working when you turn on your VPN, what do you think is happening?

The web site is attempting to get your personal information or verifying your identity. Legitimate companies like Amazon, PayPay or your bank should question your VPN connection and will allow but verify your identity via a secondary method like texting or emailing you an access code. This blog works either way because other than someone like me that you may not agree with, no harm done.

Wilsondrake said:
I have been using a lot of VPN services. Previously I was working with a corporate VPN however, with multiple uses i have switched to a commercial VPN service. Coming across multiple surfshark VPN user reviews I started using it and with unlimited simultaneous connections it was good move to continue with it. I did not find much drop in speeds I was getting 100Mbps down which reduced to 70 Mbps with surfshark during meeting over zoom.

Agreed! Surfshark is getting better day by day that is why i just recently switched to Surfshark

I am amazed with the overall performance. Speed is much better than any other vpn service and specialy they have quite skillfull customer support. They are also offering some amazing features and addons.

Though do your research and compare your needs with this or any other vpn service. Best of luck

MetteoMercatale said:
Agreed! Surfshark is getting better day by day that is why i just recently switched to Surfshark

I am amazed with the overall performance. Speed is much better than any other vpn service and specialy they have quite skillfull customer support. They are also offering some amazing features and addons.

Though do your research and compare your needs with this or any other vpn service. Best of luck

How many US cities does SurfShark let you choose from for your connection? I couldn't find that information on their site...

NY_Dutch said:
How many US cities does SurfShark let you choose from for your connection? I couldn't find that information on their site...

Currently, they offer servers in 24 cities from USA. I also attached screenshot from a few USA cities.

Attachments

• usa servers.PNG
    usa servers.PNG
    22.1 KB · Views: 13
I just recently switched from PIA Private Internet Access VPN which I had been using for the last 5 year or so over to SurfShark, and generally like SurfShark better, connection seems reliably faster, software control nicer, etc.

As to the list of US cities, if I use the connect to fastest tool I will sometimes get cities that don't show up on the location list.

It probably depends on the features you need, NordVPN seems to offer more frills but at a higher price point.

Isaac-1 said:
It probably depends on the features you need, NordVPN seems to offer more frills but at a higher price point.

I first subscribed to NordVPN when they were offering a three year deal that dropped the price to about $2.50/mo paid in advance. That deal will be up soon, and they're offering a renewal that works out to $2.75/mo, so the price isn't a factor for me in looking at SurfShark. In all fairness I have no significant complaints with NordVPN, and I'm not seeing anything that jumps out saying I should switch, so I'll probably take the renewal deal.

I use NordVPN.

Most people get VPN to go invisible on the internet. I use it to see how my web site looks in other countries. They have over 5000 servers in 59 countries. You would be surprised of the difference hitting a site in Japan vs. India.

When traveling I run my business from my RV and keeping customer information private is required. Even the NSA uses this type of technology. 

NY_Dutch said:
I first subscribed to NordVPN when they were offering a three year deal that dropped the price to about $2.50/mo paid in advance. That deal will be up soon, and they're offering a renewal that works out to $2.75/mo, so the price isn't a factor for me in looking at SurfShark. In all fairness I have no significant complaints with NordVPN, and I'm not seeing anything that jumps out saying I should switch, so I'll probably take the renewal deal.

There's a bunch of VPN offerings out there and after reading a lot reviews (grain of salt of course) NordVPN is consistently rated at or near the top. Have to give them points for some clever marketing as well!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Get NordVPN?s 2-year plan, which comes with 68% off.

Unwrap:
Depending on luck, you?ll be gifted a 1-month, 1-year, or 2-year plan on top of the one you?ve bought.

Enjoy:
Log into your account or check your email to find out which plan you?ve snatched.

I'm using a VPN since 2015 it not only helps me to access blocked website but also makes me secure. It actually changes my IP but also provides secure pathway. If you want to know more about VPN you can visit here; https://www.techlectual.com/what-is-vpn/

PIA VPN has a Black Friday offer.

"We're kicking off Black Friday with a huge discount!
Grab the Private Internet Access 3-year plan for ONLY $2.08/m., get 2 extra months for FREE & SAVE 83%!

Our recently upgraded service now offers 3 times more servers at 17,000+ in over 74 countries worldwide.

Give PIA a try to protect your personal information, stay anonymous and get peace of mind. All while being able to unblock restricted streaming content from your favourite services.

Make sure you grab our Black Friday deal before time runs out!"

Link to PIA offer

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom