UT Hwy 95

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bbbriggs

Went this route on the way from New Mexico and Washington State. Will be going back there next year to boondock. There is a lot of BLM land between Natural Bridges and the Hite Marina. I spotted several boondocking honey holes on the way. I would see 3-4 rv?s and Travel trailers pulled off a half mile off the highway in several places. The dirt roads are mostly soft sand. OK when dry but if it rains you are almost certain to get stuck. Very scenic and in the fall not too hot. I just can?t get enough of this area.

Probably a lovely place for summer travelers, but a tad cool for snowbirds like ourselves.  Thanks for mentioning it, however. Who knows, we might be able to go sometime during the warmer months.

It's a great place to explore with scenery that it's hard to believe in many places...amazing.  Incidentally, our experience with unpaved roads has been just the opposite... if the road is really sandy, some moisture will make the sand more firm, not less, in fact loose sand leads to problems often.  If the road is more clay than sand, you'll likely get stuck (or worse) if it rains.  Check out the Ut State Pk just north of Hanksville... great departure point for exploring the big reef.

Frank B said:
Probably a lovely place for summer travelers, but a tad cool for snowbirds like ourselves.  Thanks for mentioning it, however. Who knows, we might be able to go sometime during the warmer months.
Summer is fairly warm.  April, May and early June, along with September through late October is best.  It is a great place to boondock. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leblanc77
Back
Top Bottom