State Park Fees - Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamsend

Hello Everyone

My previous tent camping adventures do not include much experience with staying in State Parks.  So here is my question.

If you are signed up to stay at a SP campground for say, 3 nights, and you paid the park entrance fee (24 hour access) to get in, are you charged the entrance fee again if you leave the park the next day (to run errands, get gas, go explore etc.) and then return that same day back to your campsite (past the 24 hour access time)?

In other words, is the vehicle entrance fee for admission to the park (which are daily fees) charged for each day you may go out and back in, even though you are camped in the SP?

This may vary by state, but in all my months of reading and dreaming, I have not found any information concerning how going in and out of a SP you are camped at is handled.  I'm not worried about the Feds, because I have a geezerette pass. 

I also am aware of Annual State Park passes that discount the entrance fee, but info about these do not address the question of going in and out either.

Thanks for any insight -- whether one particular Western state, or just in general.

Linda

The park entrance fee is covered in the site rental charges at every state park I've been to. No additional fees charged for entrance.

Agree. Here in NY for example, campers get a tag to either hang on your rear-view mirror or tape to your window for the length of your stay. This is your daily pass in and out of the park.

I know in Texas that camping fee is separate from entry fee, but here in Louisiana it seems entry is covered with camping so it varies from state to  state, also a few states honor the federal America the beautiful pass for their state parks, Louisiana is one (50% off camping), and according to the Louisiana state park web page Arkansas, Delaware, and Maryland also honor them, though Delaware only honors the standard pass, but does not honor the senior pass, which seems a bit backwards, since some federally operated campgroundd only honor the senior pass and not the standard one.

I've stayed at Georgia, Florida, and Maryland state parks. If I paid for the access passes (usually $5) at check-in and they lasted for the duration of my visit. So just the one time charge. Usually the tag is included.

Thanks for the informative replies all.  Seems there may be some variation, so I'll ask if anyone knows the practice for SP entry fees while camping in the Western states of Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, Idaho, Colorado -- any and/or all? TY in advance.  L

Cherry Creek State Park near Denver, CO charges a vehicle entrance fee every day.  You can pay for multiple days at one time.

Dreamsend said:
Thanks for the informative replies all.  Seems there may be some variation, so I'll ask if anyone knows the practice for SP entry fees while camping in the Western states of Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, Idaho, Colorado -- any and/or all? TY in advance.  L
Go to the state's state park website for the fees.  Most document the fees and rates somewhere in their website.  For the website search for "state name state park".  Like "texas state parks".

Far to many states to give info for each state.  I would have to do what I suggested above.

We stayed in Utah State parks, park pass during that time is included and the same for Oregon. We are checking into Nevada and I do know you have to pay extra for your admit fee into park. I am curious too if you stay 5 night do you have to pay extra 50 if you don't leave.

You need to check each state as they vary. Colorado DOES charge a day usd fee in addition to the camping fee at state parks and you pay that for every day you?re there whether you leave or not. Oregon and California state park camping fees include the day use fee.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom