Which Class B.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kimduff

Looking to downsize to a van.  I need back doors, twin beds, A/C and heat.  Potty. Stove top. And sink.  Generator running on Van fuel.  Two seats, two people.  Approx 24ct.  Doesn?t need to be fancy  -  Needs to work!  $80,000 - $90,000.  Travel two or three days at a time, occasionally longer/further.  Usually once or twice a month.  What do I look for?
Thanks Kim

Kimduff said:
What do I look for?

One that has all those things I would think  ;)

Seriously, only you will know the floor plan  and details that work for you. You have a sizable budget so if it exists I?m guessing you can get it.

RV Trader, PPL Motorhomes, RV shows, lots and lots of dealers, etc. There?s no shortcut to finding the right RV. Don?t rush and have fun! (And welcome to the forum!)

Kimduff said:
?. Well most of them do..... just don?t know which is the best bet!
I think you are doing it backwards. There are too many RVs for you to be searching for the one perfect one. Shop locally, find one you like and then come and ask us about it. You are looking for floor plan, condition and price. In that order.

Roadtrek and Pleasureway seem to be the preferred brands but Winnebago probably sells the most these days. The Sprinter-based diesel models give decent fuel economy and slick looks. 

https://winnebagoind.com/product-classes/class-b

If I was looking at a class B the Leisure Travel Vans Unity 24MB would certainly be on my short list in that price range (though it may be used and 3-4 years old)

Thank you for replies and suggestions.
I am debating between a used Travato and a used Galleria.  I prefer the floor plan of the Galleria, but am uncomfortable with the stove.
I don?t like the beds in the Travato G (need twin beds)
I don?t like cooking arrangements in the Galleria.
We frequently dry camp, so I do like the generator.
The Paseo is probably out of our range.

Kimduff said:
I am debating between a used Travato and a used Galleria.  I prefer the floor plan of the Galleria, but am uncomfortable with the stove.
I don?t like the beds in the Travato G (need twin beds)
I don?t like cooking arrangements in the Galleria.
We frequently dry camp, so I do like the generator.
The Paseo is probably out of our range.

Using your comments and by process of elimination it sounds like the Galleria (even though you don't like the stove). The bed is a no go in the Travato, as is the price for the Paseo.

But if there's something you don't like, I'd keep looking - if you don't like it now, odds are you'll never like it.

The Travato 59G floor plan has a double bed instead of twin.  It's only 46 x77 and has a corner cut, but maybe better for you than the twin bed 59K.

https://winnebagoind.com/products/class-b/2015/travato/floorplans

Which model Galleria are you looking at? It too has multiple floor loans and some may have a different stove, or at least a different stove location.

There are other Class B's, e.g. Roadtrek, Pleasureway, Chinook, etc. and late model used ones would be in your price range

Thank you for your suggestions. 
I think I want a used Travato K (twin beds) although I don?t care for the bathroom in the back!
The galleria is just ?too modern? for me.  And although the Galleria batteries are excellent, I am not sure the charger/alternator (?) are up to the batteries.
I think I will be more comfortable with a gas stove and generator!
I drove our 36ft Allegro for a 16 hour round trip last week, and although it is easy to drive and I love it, I am ready for something smaller

Did you ever get a Travato K? We love ours. At your price range you know you can get a new one, right? They run about $75000 new (forget the MSRP as you can get 30% off that.) We love the rear bath on ours - so much easier to clean, and I like natural light in there. It's about the largest bathroom that you can get in a B.

What do you not like about a rear bath?

Welcome.
I wish I had a budget of 80-90k. you can get a pretty nice one for that. A basic one in decent condition I've seen around 30k or so. Prrobably not what youre looking for, but with that much money...you shouldn't have a problem.

best of luck

pcseaborg said:
Did you ever get a Travato K? We love ours. At your price range you know you can get a new one, right? They run about $75000 new (forget the MSRP as you can get 30% off that.) We love the rear bath on ours - so much easier to clean, and I like natural light in there. It's about the largest bathroom that you can get in a B.

What do you not like about a rear bath?

Do you know what the tow rating is on these units?

Back
Top Bottom