Covers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ditsjets7

Hi all, so we bought a 2003 Coachmen 31 Foot Leprechaun class C. Only 27k on it so she is in real fine shape. I am kicking around the idea of purchasing a cover to keep over it when I'm not using it. The dealership that I bought it from has told me that they are "overrated" they even went as far to say that they can do more harm than good. I would like to reduce the weather beating on the roof as well as avoid the snow and ice piling up on the roof. I am torn here I do not know what I should do. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Mike

ditsjets7 said:
The dealership that I bought it from has told me that they are "overrated" they even went as far to say that they can do more harm than good. I would like to reduce the weather beating on the roof as well as avoid the snow and ice piling up on the roof. I am torn here I do not know what I should do. Thanks in advance for any insight.

How is the cover going to avoid snow and ice build up?
I've never used one and never will. Some people swear by them. I'll go along with what the dealer told you. The problem is if it's not tied down real tight, it could flap in the wind and if there's any grit/dirt on the RV, it could damage the finish. Then there's  the safety thing about putting it on and off all the time. A gust of wind would make that cover turn into a huge parachute. 

I agree with your dealer on that. Covers are awkward to use (to put it mildly) and, if not tied down very tightly, will flap in the wind, likely causing rubbing (therefore wear) on your paint. They also can trap moisture underneath them.

Back
Top Bottom