sagging roof lining

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KAYMAC

How can I repair a sagging roof lining at the front cab overhead area of my 2006 Winnebago View. If the lining/roof has the come down, how?

There are some prior topics here discussing the solution. Click the Search button above and use the search term "sagging ceiling" (with quotes) or "headliner" (no need for quotes).

does anyone know if this happens to all Winnabegos of that era?  I just bought this 2005 Vectra but I did see some in the 2004-2006 range that had sagging ceilings.  Not sure if it was a batch of bad adhesive or a bad adhesive choice.  I hate think mine is just waiting to fall.

It is currently firmly attached except in one tiny area in a cabinet.

It's the nature of the beast; In my other half's re-modelling business (mainly boats and homes), we see lots of disintegrating foam.

KandT said:
does anyone know if this happens to all Winnabegos of that era?  I just bought this 2005 Vectra but I did see some in the 2004-2006 range that had sagging ceilings.  Not sure if it was a batch of bad adhesive or a bad adhesive choice.  I hate think mine is just waiting to fall...
Ours are not sagging but perhaps that's because we keep the interior between 55-85 degrees when we're not using the Horizon.

I just made a post in another thread about this material that would be a good replacement. Its called Grospoint and is a very short loop pile material that is quite durable. The other thread gets into his repair and how he glued the material he used, in place. Remember how auto headliners droop and fall down? Same thing, foam backed material. In fact, auto headliner materials will work quite well.

https://www.tapiscorp.com/products/grospoint/grospoint/

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,67070.0.html

Charles
2007 Winnebago View 523H on a 2006 Dodge (Daimler-Chrysler aka Mercedes) Sprinter 3500 chassis (T1N). Bought Sept 2015 with 18K miles on it, Prog Ind HW30C, Prog Dymanics PD4645, Coleman Chill Grille, PML/Yourcovers.com deep alum trans pan, AutoMeter 8558 trans temp gauge, Roadmaster sway bar, Koni Red shocks (front & rear), Fantastic Ultra Breeze hood, added OEM parabolic mirrors and RH aspherical mirror, MB grill conversion.

Back
Top Bottom