Block heater plug diesel.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deanosc

Hey guys so I've got a 2006 Ford e350 6 litre diesel and were about to head up north through Canada and Alaska. Now I've got a pretty basic solar set up, 2x100 solar panels with a 400 watt inverter and 2 x 6v batteries. I was just wondering if it was possible to run a cord to the block heater without blowing anything if it was needed.  :p

Not sure, but.... your block heater is probably pulling 600 or 700 Watts. So... your inverter wouldn?t be able to supply your needs.

Unless you will be in below zero weather, you shouldn't need the block heater. Just make sure the glow plugs are working. When I lived in Alaska we didn't plug in until it was below zero unless the vehicle had been sitting for several days and got cold soaked.

Where are you going in Alaska? If you're going to the Anchorage area it will be awhile until it gets cold enough there to need a block heater.

Would be a good idea to have  a small generator just in case. They can come in handy as well if you boondock at all. Most people prefer a 2000 watt, but I have a small suitcase 1200 watt I keep on board just in case the batteries ever got drained by accident. You are never stranded as long as you have a way to charge the batteries.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Winger84
Back
Top Bottom