Rear corner trim de lamination on 2011 Winnebago view

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tatross

it appears the rear wall of the coach is separating from the sides. The gap is larger at the bottom at this time a good 1/4 of an inch. It has been stored outside in the good old rainy northwest. First noticed the condition about 6mo. ago. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

That sounds like the rear wall is separating/coming loose rather than simply delamination. Where is the gap you are talking about? ...between the rear wall and the sidewall? Pictures?   

Yes, separation would be a better word. What I first noticed is the sealant applied when the plastic corners were installed was adhered to the side and the corner trim edge was a 1/4 inch away from the sealant. The corner trim is not loose, it's as if the back wall is separating from the side wall, corner trim moving reward with the back wall. As I said it's about 1/4 inch at the bottom and barely noticeable at the top. My fear is that there is wood underneath and moisture has caused it to swell. I have not yet taken steps to start disassembly. I was inquiring as if anyone else has seen this. I won't be able to post pics. for several days. If my explanation here does not make sense I know the pictures will.
Thanks

I am not familiar with construction of the view, but most Winnebago coaches have "sandwiched" sidewalls (fiberglass sheet outside/Styrofoam w/aluminum studs/inner wall material. The rear cap is a molded piece of fiberglass, NOT laminated. Of course, there is a rear wall under that cap that is the real structural integrity of the "box". The cap is simply fastened over the rear wall.

I would want to determine if your rear cap is coming loose, OR if the rear wall itself is separating. Can you get to the rear wall corners inside the coach to check for a gap there?  If there IS a gap there, the rear wall is separating. If the is NOT a gap there, it is simply the rear cap coming loose (not desirable, but not as serious as the wall separating!!).  If you can't see it ...and even if you can ...you will likely need to take it to a dealership who can diagnose & handle the problem.

I have had good results over the years in sending digital pictures to Winnebago Owner Relations asking for their recommendations in both the fix AND for a dealer in my area who should be able to handle the problem.  That also would give them an opportunity to see if you may have a manufacturing defect. Their email is [email protected] ... telephone is 800-537-1885.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinbad
Back
Top Bottom