Southwind 34A Check Engine Soon Light Continuously Lit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johntk

2015 Southwind 34A
Ford V-12

Around 24K miles my Check Engine Soon Light came on and has stayed on ever since. Occasionally it will blink a few times and then return to the steady 'on' state.

I have taken it to a local truck repair shop twice and to a Ford service center 5 times.
So far no one has solved the problem. The light will be off when I leave the shop but will reappear very shortly (sometimes within 20 miles of leaving the shop; sometimes the next time I drive it).

The plugs and boots have been changed. Two coils have been changed. Ford replaced some belt that supposedly was causing Engine Lights to come on.
Nothing has worked.

Currently there are 34.5K miles on the rig. It has always run fine. No change in power or gas mileage.

I'd like to discuss with anyone who has had a similar problem or has suggestions concerning the solution.

Thanks,
John

http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/index.htm 

I suggest you buy the ScanGauge and connect to your OBDii port.

What codes did the repair people say was setting the check engine light? There are over 100 codes that can set the CEL.

I fought check engine light problems for a year and with the help of the ScanGauge traced it to a dirty MAF sensor. 

You need to get yourself a good code scanner. They are available at any auto parts store and are in the $30-50 range.  Once you plug it into the OBD-II port and follow the on screen instructions, you will be able to pull the code(s) that is causing the CEL to come on. Once you have the code, a quick Google search will tell you what the problem is and how to remedy it.  A good code reader will also give you the ability to clear the code and turn off the CEL.

Most CEL's are caused by faulty sensors.

johntk said:
2015 Southwind 34A
Ford V-12

Around 24K miles my Check Engine Soon Light came on and has stayed on ever since. Occasionally it will blink a few times and then return to the steady 'on' state.

I have taken it to a local truck repair shop twice and to a Ford service center 5 times.
So far no one has solved the problem. The light will be off when I leave the shop but will reappear very shortly (sometimes within 20 miles of leaving the shop; sometimes the next time I drive it).

The plugs and boots have been changed. Two coils have been changed. Ford replaced some belt that supposedly was causing Engine Lights to come on.
Nothing has worked.

Currently there are 34.5K miles on the rig. It has always run fine. No change in power or gas mileage.

I'd like to discuss with anyone who has had a similar problem or has suggestions concerning the solution.

Thanks,
John
  Take it back to FORD and demand to see the factory Rep. (not the service mgr.) Every territory has an Rep. for such service matters. Good Luck...

X2 on the code reader. You want one anyway in the future. It could be very simple or it could be complex. The less fingers in the pie right now the better, get the trouble codes.

Back
Top Bottom