free OBD scanner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This didn't come through spam, it actually made it to my inbox. Gmail usually does a pretty good job sending spam to my spam folder. The email said respond to "xiangguoxiangqing [at] gmail [dot]com" that's exactly how it was in the email. They wanted me to provide links to the forum home page, and my username. The person sending the email referred to theirself as "Ella".

I posted this mainly to make Tom aware of this, and to see if anyone else was getting the same thing. As soon as I read it, I knew it was a scam of some sort, so I definitely won't be responding to it.

Yes, same for me.  If she is looking for beta testers and it works on my chassis I have no issue with that.

Torque app for smart phones works very well and is nearly free.

I would be a beta tester for a reputable company, but that email doesn't give me the impression they're legit. I'm sure if they were legit, they would have stated the company's name, and provided a link to their website for beginners.

I got one too. I was wondering how she got my EMail address. She used my forum name so some how she got my address through the forum I guess.This is what she said:

Hi Rene T,

Thank you for your time. I am Ella from a big company. We specialize in high quality OBD2/EOBD Scanners that allow users to diagnose their automobiles easily. I am reaching out to you on the possibility of getting an editorial review for our featured Auto Code Scanner on this forum.

There are different price points for the special function of the car scanner. The company uses high-quality materials to make them very beautiful, environmentally friendly, durable and accurate. There is always a product to impress your deeply.
If you are interested in reviewing our latest Auto Code Scanners, please let me know and I will send out a free product for you to review. Besides, I will give you more detailed information about these product and company. Please email me at xiangguoxiangqing [at] gmail [dot] com. Please provide links to the forum home page, and tell me your name on that forum.

Thank you so much for reading. I really appreciate your great assistance for us.
Regards,
Ella

Ditto.

Wasn't impressed with the message, as it had typical grammar issues associated with scams.

Many of us received the same email. Sender spoofed an RV forum address, harvested users? addresses and sent unsolicited mail, said they worked for a ?big? company and offered a free unit in return for a hoped for positive review, said her name was ?Ella? but used a return email for ?ginawhite? and requested a reply to yet a different and clearly Asian gmail account. I would never do business with anyone who operates in this manner, even if their equipment (if there really is any) worked perfectly and was free.

Rene T said:
I got one too. I was wondering how she got my EMail address.

When I go to enter my username and password to login in to the RVForum a drop down box opens and says:  This connection is not secure.  Logins entered here could be compromised.  There is also a link:  https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/insecure-password-warning-firefox?as=u&utm_source=inproduct

I always turn off the setting to allow members to email me.
email info is only shared via PM with specific members.

looking through the member list, I seem to be in a minority. I can find all sorts of email addresses to mine, were I of the sort to do so.
A spammer's dream.

Yes, I also got Ella's message.  The difference is I saw it in MailwasherPro and deleted it from their server so it never got into my computer.  When I saw the return to Chinese name I figured it was spam or worse so deleted it.

ArdraF

This scam has so many red flags you could start a parade.  Just the email reply address is a starter and the failure to ever mention a company name (a big company) would be enough for me to hit the delete button.  I prefer to keep the email from members active as I have on several occasions used it to advantage and to keep some comments off the board.

Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom