Partial Winterizing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spring Creek

Sorry if this is posted somewhere already...point me in the right direction if so.

Tailgating this coming weekend (boondocking) and it's supposed to get down to the mid 20's with mid 40's for daytime highs.  I will run the generator when needed to keep things charged up and the furnace will be on the entire weekend.

Since I'd like to take a shower at least one of the 3 days my thought is to blow out the lines before we leave Friday morning and not use any water until Sunday morning.  I will follow the blow-out winterizing procedures recommended by Winnebago but not drain the fresh water tank.  I do have tank heaters (warming pads really).

Before we just dry camped but the fresh water tank and water heater are inside the coach so I think it should be fine if the heat is on and it's not getting into the teens or single digits.

Has anyone done this before and/or anyone see any reasons this won't work?

Thanks in advance!! 

IMO you don't need to blow out the lines.
If you were really worried about freezing you could add some antifreeze to the traps but even that is probably not needed
if you plan to keep the furnace on all the time.  Is that on propane?  For 3 days you should be fine, especially if daytime temps are 40 or so.

Use the tank heaters and you should have no problems.  Turn on the water heater too it should stay hot for awhile.

Unless your water lines are exposed to the outside air you shouldn't have a problem and you could let a faucet drip overnight to flow some.

Of course if it will make you fell better,  blow them out - I just don't think I would worry about 3 days with a few hours just below freezing.

If temps are only dipping to the mid 20's overnight, or below freezing for just a few hours before warming back up, you should be fine.  Water does not magically freeze as soon as it is cooled to 31.8 deg F.  LOTS of heat must be removed from that water before it freezes, and you should be fine.  Water in ice cube trays take several hours to freeze in 10 deg temps.  Remember to winterize when you get back home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom