EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Gas Buddy revisited  (Read 531 times)

LarsMac

• ---
  • Larry and Margo With Ami the Chi-cha
Gas Buddy revisited
« on: October 23, 2017, 02:29:22 PM »
Anyone here checked out the Pay with Gas Buddy offering, yet?

2000 Itasca Sundancer 430V
2007 Saturn Vue

If you lose your sense of humor, it's just not funny anymore. - Wavy Gravy

AStravelers

• ---
  • Part time travelers, 4-8 months each year.
Re: Gas Buddy revisited
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 05:18:12 PM »
Nope.   Is there anything good or bad about it?  Do you think we should check it out?  I probably have had a ad for it breeze by my phone or email and just ignored it.
Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R
2009 Chevy Colorado 4X4

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

JakeR

• ---
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 05:39:20 PM »
I looked into the Pay feature but once it said to "securely link your checking account" I decided it was not for me.  Would like to see gas stations accept Apple Pay in the near future instead.

Jake
Northern CO
2017 Winnebago Navion 24J

NY_Dutch

• ---
  • Following the warm weather!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 05:57:01 PM »
I looked at it, but other than not wanting a third-party to have access to my checking account, I save more than GasBuddy's 5 cents per gallon by paying with my 5% fuel rebate PenFed Visa Cash Rewards card. At $2 per gallon, the GasBuddy price would be $1.95. With PenFed Visa, it's $1.90...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox base plate

LarsMac

• ---
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 08:52:06 PM »
I looked into the Pay feature but once it said to "securely link your checking account" I decided it was not for me.  Would like to see gas stations accept Apple Pay in the near future instead.

Yep. That is kinda the hitch for me, as well. Giving anyone automatic access to my checking account is a brake squealer for me.
I have Paypal payments set up for a couple of regular vendors, and I get an email whenever they initiate a transaction.
The Bank offers no such alerts.

2007 Saturn Vue

OLDRACER

• ---
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 09:59:22 PM »
"Securely Link My Checking Account"????? I always appreciate a good joke! ;D    I mean, yes the power company and a few other carefully selected, but an online APP?????

Heli_av8tor

• ---
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 07:47:00 AM »
No way -for all the above reasons.
Tom & Theresa
2004 Pace Arrow 37C
Workhorse W22, 8.1 Vortec
2014 Honda CR-V Toad, Roadmaster -5 Base and tow bar
SMI Stay and Play Duo Brake system

shorts

• ---
  • Ready to explore the USA!
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 11:04:12 AM »
We have set it up and have used it 2 or 3 times so far without any problems. You get an immediate email showing the amount of your discount and what will be debited from your checking. We have almost all of our payments set up direct debit, so I check my account often and donít have a big concern with the card debiting our account.

What we donít like about it are the limits they have set. We put a larger fuel tank in our truck and it takes quite a bit to fill it up. They have a $75 daily limit and $300 weekly limit and wonít make any exceptions. So depending on when we stop to fuel, that may only be about half a tank.

Vicki
Vicki and Mark Shorter
2015 Forrest River Blue Ridge RS3600 5er
2015 Dodge Ram 3500 dually 4wd
On the road fulltime!

LarsMac

• ---
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 03:58:58 PM »
We have set it up and have used it 2 or 3 times so far without any problems. You get an immediate email showing the amount of your discount and what will be debited from your checking. We have almost all of our payments set up direct debit, so I check my account often and donít have a big concern with the card debiting our account.

What we donít like about it are the limits they have set. We put a larger fuel tank in our truck and it takes quite a bit to fill it up. They have a $75 daily limit and $300 weekly limit and wonít make any exceptions. So depending on when we stop to fuel, that may only be about half a tank.

Vicki

Thanks.
Even if I get past the checking account access, those limits would be a problem. I can hit 80-100 bucks in a day with current gas prices in the West and the North, when we are on a cross country trip. I don't need to add to things I need to plan for.

2007 Saturn Vue

shorts

• ---
  • Ready to explore the USA!
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2017, 11:28:53 AM »
We found another limitation yesterday when we tried to use the card. Most of the time we have to use the truck diesel lanes to fuel and those pumps usually do not allow you to pay at the pump. The GasBuddy card only works at the pump. You canít pay inside. So I guess it will mostly only get used after we are parked somewhere for awhile.

Vicki
Vicki and Mark Shorter
2015 Forrest River Blue Ridge RS3600 5er
2015 Dodge Ram 3500 dually 4wd
On the road fulltime!

Hosted by Over The Network