Well water and motorhomes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we topped off with well water when we were in WV last summer and ended up with algae. Had to sanitize the tank when we got home. I would recommend adding some Clorox based upon how much water you add just to be on the safe side besides, it cannot hurt anything.

When we're at our upstate NY cottage, we use the well water with no filters other than the standard Shurflo sediment filter attached to the pump. In RV parks, we almost always use our whole house charcoal filter plus a point of use Pur filter on the kitchen tap to get rid of any chlorine taste. Parks with naturally good tasting water seem to be a rarity, although I don't typically question the safety of the water.

It really depends on the well water.  We had a cottage on Lake Huron at the tip of the Thumb, and we all loved the taste of the water.  There was a bit of iron in it, but we had no problems with anything.  I would not have hesitated in the least to put it in an RV tank.  We did have it tested periodically, and it was fine in terms of safety.

Back
Top Bottom