EZPass transponder location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larrypowellnc

I drive a Class C and I am wondering where to place my EZPass transponder.  Normally I would place it near the top of the windshield but I'm afraid the cab over will block the signal.  I'm thinking about placing near the bottom of the windshield.  Any thoughts.  Happy RVing everyone.

I've seen a couple of C's with them mounted just above the dash on the windshield.

In some states, there's also a transponder that mounts at the front license plate.

I would  see if the bottom of the windshield works. I have heard they make one that mounts on your front license plate. I would contact them and see what they recommend.
Bill

we had an older model sunpass that worked ok in the bottom center of the windshield.  seemed to work up top too, but i didn't trust that would be consistent, being shaded like it was.....

Our first one had the big window upstairs so that's where I put the transponder. I did call their customer help line with poor results, the girl (I think in pakistan or india) had absolutely no idea what i was talking about, she just read her script and told me to put it on the windshield under the mirror.
Our current C class has no big upper window so I just keep it where they recommend. Sometimes it doesn't  read it but it will read my plate and charge me at the apprepriate discount.
Any way - they will get their $$$.

Ours is mounted on the front license plate. Works fine except at the Beacon-Newburgh Bridge over the Hudson River. We have to stop and pay cash.

WILDEBILL308 said:
Why, if you have an account they will read your plats and bill you accordingly.
Bill

Not at that bridge. Barrier doesn't go up until you pay, even in the EZ Pass lanes.

The first time it happened, we had a long line of cars backed up behind us while an attendant made her way across the toll plaza to collect cash. I'm sure they all thought that some idiot got in the wrong lane without a transponder.

I wonder how they are going to get the federally mandated interoperability working when they can't mount the ez-pass the same.
I have one on the windshield but a reader for the front license plate one probably wouldn't read it.

The bridges here in Louisville, KY. don't have a gate or cash option it's just a portal across the road they are supposed to bill you by mail if you don't have a pass or account with plates on file. I found that sometimes the miss the plate and don't charge my account but always seem to get the pass.

WILDEBILL308 said:
Bill

We're in Fla and all the sunpass & Epass lanes I've used are high speed drive thru - no barriers.
My account has the transponder #, and the plate# listed. Maybe they do things different here.

WILDEBILL308 said:
Bill

There are some exits that don't have any attendants, if you don't have an account they just mail a bill to the address your plate is registered at. Called "toll by plate".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom