Firewood Vending Contraption

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NewmanRacing

This is the first one I have seen. Swipe your card or insert cash, and a bundle of wood pops out.

Built on a twin axle car hauler flatbed type trailer. Can it really be profitable?

Fabulous or folly?

Attachments

• IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 115
Here in NY, moving firewood is getting more and more restrictive (although I'm not sure how closely it's policed). Between that and the per bundle prices of $6 to $8 I've seen at many campgrounds, I bet it could be profitable.

In the long run it will be more profitable than having a human being in a kiosk. It's all about location, location, ....

Joezeppy said:
Here in NY, moving firewood is getting more and more restrictive (although I'm not sure how closely it's policed). Between that and the per bundle prices of $6 to $8 I've seen at many campgrounds, I bet it could be profitable.

I am going to try a propane fire pit see if I like it for traveling.Seems ridiculous to pay that for firewood. I have plenty at home but weight and dirt make it impractible

I am going to try a propane fire pit see if I like it for traveling.Seems ridiculous to pay that for firewood. I have plenty at home but weight and dirt make it impractible
We use a propane fire pit. It will never replace the real thing, but it is more convenient and less expensive.

I have plenty at home but weight and dirt make it impractible

Plus, in more and more places it's illegal to use wood brought from elsewhere -- worries about transporting bugs that damage vegetation (pine beetle, etc.).

Robert K said:
It is also impractical because it is against the law to move firewood around between states.

https://www.dontmovefirewood.org/how-to-help/f-a-q/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom