chassis disconnect switch failed 2001 Four Wind Infinity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mooney 78865

We have a 2001 Four Winds Infinity 34' with the Triton v10 that we have been remodeling.  While I was taking out the dinette I needed to remove the Chassis and Coach switch panel. While doing so the chassis switch came apart in my hands, springs and bits everywhere.  Long story short I could not repair the switch.  The switch is a momentary rocker with "disconnect" at the bottom, and "connect" at the top. I was wondering if there is a way to bypass the switch with the existing wiring? Putting a meter on it, only one of the 4 wires is "hot", and another is apparently a ground for the idiot lights on the switch panel  Running a jumper from the hot to the other leads does nothing.  There is a "battery disconnect control box" on the firewall but no obvious solenoid to bypass.  Although there may be behind the panel as I see multiple battery leads running behind it.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.  Also where to get a replacement switch would be helpful...

I was able to get the wiring sorted out and power restored to the chassis.  There were no markings on the switch but I took what parts I had to the local electrical house and they are ordering me a replacement.
Fingers crossed it's what I need.

Back
Top Bottom