Bryce Canyon Navajo/Queens Garden Hike

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JerArdra

Sunday - 5/13/2007

ALL,

Yesterday Ardra & Jerry and Chris Pennings did the Navajo Trail to Queen?s Garden hike at Bryce Canyon.  It took about 2-1/2 hours.  It was 4 miles total with a total elevation gain of 680 feet per the GPS. 

This hike starts at Sunset point at the canyon rim in Bryce and you hike down 551 feet on a set of switchbacks to the canyon floor.  These switchbacks look like the 4WD Shaffer Trail near Moab.  Next you hike across the canyon floor among the Hoodoos which tower hundreds of feet above you.  Finally you reach the bottom of the Queen?s Garden trail which takes you back to the top canyon rim at Sunrise point.  It?s a wonderful and very beautiful hike.   By the way, if you can do Firey Furnace at Arches National Park you can do this one.

Attached are some photos.

JerryF

Attachments

• Navajo-1 (M).JPG
    Navajo-1 (M).JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Navajo-2 (M.JPG
    Navajo-2 (M.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Navajo-3 (M).JPG
    Navajo-3 (M).JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Navajo-4 (M).JPG
    Navajo-4 (M).JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Navajo-5 (M).JPG
    Navajo-5 (M).JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Navajo-6 (M).JPG
    Navajo-6 (M).JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 52
Robert, I tried to convince you to visit Bryce. It's a beautiful NP. We came back here on our way home, although it was mainly to check out the lake mentioned in my other message. We'll probably come back to Bryce on our way to Moab next year, hopefully with some better planning and more time.

That early in the year, Bryce can have some cold, snowy, weather.  Include the weather forecast in your planning :)

Ned said:
That early in the year, Bryce can have some cold, snowy, weather.

We know - ran into a snow storm as we left here en route to Moab this year :(

Terry,

The traffic jam was always at trail intersections or the very top of each trail at the rim.  You would love this hike.

JerryF

Sorry that Shirley and I didn't go to Bryce with you. Looks like a great hike.  It was very hot in Page after you left.

We are in Albuquerque for the night and it is much cooler.  Lots of weather in the surrounding mountains.  We are debating traveling the Interstates home through Amarillo or taking hiway 380 again west to east back to Dallas.  Much less traffic and more scenic.

Been wet here at Sam's Camp yesterday and today but should be dryer tomorrow . 0.60 inches of rain which is not near as much as they are having in the Dallas and Houston areas.  Give the girls a cookie for me. ;D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe-
Back
Top Bottom