Cabinet door lift cylinders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

depchief

I have 3 lift cylinders that need to be replaced. 2 are required for the large cabinet door on the drivers side 3rd back from the front or last on the slide out.
1 is needed for the communication cabinet on the passenger side, by the entry door.

I have looked at each and cannot find a model number or the pressure rating of the cylinder.
Any help would be appreciated.

Coach is listed below

My coach needed cylinders replaced for my outside compartments. I ordered them on amazon. Somehow, the ones that came were only 28 pound ones, when I needed 100 lb ones. The 28 lb ones wouldnt even hold up the cargo door. I happen to be at an discount auto parts store that week, and found 100 lb ones for less than a third of what I paid for the  wrong smaller ones on amazon. Just take one of them off and go to your nearest discount auto store. As long as they are the same length, and around the same weight strength, they should work. My guess is you need around the 28 lb ones I got by mistake. Im sure my cargo doors dont weigh 100 lbs, but that is the size one the cylinders.

Thanks for all the replys.

I picked up 5 lift cylinders at O'Reily's the main compartments with 2 cylinders where 17 inch extended and 68 PSI each. The forward compartment on the passenger side (with radio) has 1 cylinder and the existing calls for 98 PSI.

Nice to open the doors and have them stay open

At least in the Meridian/ Journey, the salon cabinet doors look like gas, but are simply internal springs in those tubes.
For the exterior doors I was able to find sometimes hidden or ghosted out numbers and match it at an auto supply that carries a reasonable stock. Bought one in Palm Springs, and another in Quartzsite

I just bought a couple off of Ebay for my coach. Mine were 10" center to center of the pin and were 20 lb gas springs. Just measure center to center of yours and look on line, there are many manufactures. I was lucky and mine had a manufactures part number on them, but the new ones do not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom