Now what / where do we go?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wasoki

In late September, when I talked to the folks who run the the campground in the keys where we have reservations, I was told that they would have limited capacity in late November, and that by the time we were scheduled to be there for January they would be back in good shape.

Today I got a letter to inform me that they have repeatedly had  to reset their expected completion date.  They now say their expected opening date is January....  Not saying which week, but in January.

That leaves us high and dry for a place to stay for the month of January.  Our reservations for the dates between Feb.1  and April 18 are still solid.  So, the question of the moment is, where can I find a place or places for the month of January?  In a perfect world, I would like to be able to use our kayaks (access to water).

Any recommendations or ideas?

I heard my park has a few spaces open right now.

The Floridian RV Park
5150 Boggy Creek Rd
Saint Cloud, Florida 34771
Phone (407) 892-5171

You can check our neighborhood. It is located on a 1,000 acre lake. I don't know if there is any availability or what your budget might be. Here is the website
http://www.baylakerv.com

You might check some of the state parks in the Fla panhandle. Not the ones on the beach, they?re probably full already, but others along the I 10 corridor. Several are on lakes or rivers and are generally not as crowded as the parks in central or south Fla.  They do have a 2 week max stay, and most are electric and water only, but you may be able to just move from park to park till it?s time to move on to your other reservations.

You were right, sites area available in northern FL state parks.  But we are going to be in Marathon in December and Fort DeSoto in February, so I would like to avoid going that far north only to turn around and go south again.

I visited to the website provided.  It looks promising, so I sent them an email.

I am going to check out the Floridian next...  Possibly meeting Seilerbird  would be an attraction in itself!

Thanks.  any other ideas would be welcome...

We're in Arcadia plenty of places around here and the Peace River. We stay at Cross Creek RV Resort real nice property.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom