Detroit Nov 24th and Columbus OH Nov 25th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mosagra

We are planning on spending one night in or near each of these cities. We would prefer to stay as close to downtown as possible (going to concerts)

Since neither city is rv friendly I am looking for any local info such as a little known business that allows rv parking or just a commercial lot we could park in for a few hours or boondock in. 

Any info is appreciated.

Curt in Kentucky

I can't give you any direct info - But I would be looking at a few business that would be closed.
Being Black Friday the malls or big box stores will be packed.
You might look for Schools or Churches near by - then call them and ask for permission, in writing if possible.

You didn't say what areas of the city you will be in it's pretty large. The state parks are open if I remember correctly and there is an rv park in Monroe area that is open all year.
Don't know Columbus at all.

Detroit:
Sterling State Park, Monroe
Detroit Greenfield RV Park, Ypsilanti (Area out front has no trees, but the rest of the park is in the trees).

That is getting a bit late in the season.

Also there are some faternal orginations in the area (Moose, Elk Etc) some of them offer campsites. The Taylor Moose Lodge (just outside Detroit) has closed for a time. I do understand they plan to re-open but do not know if they will have hookups.. Water and electric only was the old site.

A large concert venue may allow you to overnight on site?

I camped a many concert venues all over the country back when Jerry Garcia was still with us.

Columbus has full hook ups at the state fairgrounds.  Don't know if they're always open and don't know when they turn off the water.  I"ve camped there in April. 

Here is a couple of campgrounds close to Columbus: http://www.altonrvpark.com/

http://jacksonlakepark.com/

Tom camped last early summer near Columbus.

The only storage lot I've used near Columbus (no hookups) requires a monthly contract with one month's notice to vacate.

Just a thought.. I'm near Flint.. They turn off the water.. TOMORROW.. Most of the campgrounds in S.E. mi.. Well this is one of the last to close.

We have had lines freeze this last week.

I'm heading south tomorrow NOT exactly via the route I'd planned however  Got to detour via old US-27 for a few miles.

Back
Top Bottom