Wiper blades for a 2004 Journey 36G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grooving grandpa

Wiper blades are 24 inch bolt on. Replaced them once with Amco 59-24 Heavy Duty. Don't need heavy duty I live in Calif.  Any other manufactures.  Have not checked with Camping World yet.  Hope not to pay through the nose for them.

Thanks in advance,

Lou

Walmarts usually have a wide assortment at decent prices, often better than auto parts stores. Some may need a hole drilled, but I was always able to find my 27" blades that had the hole already.

I installed 26" Rain-X wiper blades on our coach a couple of months ago. All that was needed to adapt them to the existing bolt-on adapter was to remove all of the included 'J' hook, etc., adapter parts, and then drill out the existing hole slightly larger after removing a partial shoulder around the holes with a utility knife. Took about 10 minutes per blade...

Yeah, the Rain-X brand and one of the others (Bosch?) has the hole but it is just a tad small for the bolt on Demco wiper arms. Maybe other arms as well. I reamed it out with a drill bit. Didn't even need to use the drill - just twisted the bit by hand it was so close in size.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Yeah, the Rain-X brand and one of the others (Bosch?) has the hole but it is just a tad small for the bolt on Demco wiper arms. Maybe other arms as well. I reamed it out with a drill bit. Didn't even need to use the drill - just twisted the bit by hand it was so close in size.

Gary, yes, the hole was just slightly too small for the bolt, but my 74 year old fingers can't hold the bit tight enough anymore to just ream out the plastic. Besides, the small bit box was in the cordless drill case anyway... ;)

the hole was just slightly too small for the bolt, but my 74 year old fingers can't hold the bit tight enough anymore to just ream out the plastic.

I'm 73 myself and hear ya loud & clear. The last time I did it by hand I was only 70.  ;)

Thanks to everyone.  Walmart is the place to go.  Better selection and much savings vs auto store. Bought a pair of  24 inch Michelin. Didn't have to drill out the hole. Just a little filing I am 78 years old. Didn't use my hand to hold nut. Used pliers. Next time I think I will buy 26 inch.  Even 28 would fit. Just in time, leaving Thursday and rain is fore casted
Thanks Lou

Boy tnis getting scary I didnt realize there are so many of us old farts out there running up and down the highways and byways in a big MH...76  here and having a ball.. just keep her between da ditches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom