Winterizing with a Flojet pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeagleDad

I thought I finally had an easy project.  But NOOO!  I purchased this kit to winterize my '17 2520RL.  I like it because I can leave it connected and just flip a valve to go from winterize to normal use.  However, the Flojet pump has quick connect fittings, not the NPT threads.  Flojet makes an adapter with male NPT threads and a quick connect fitting so that will work for the pump side.  I still need to get from either a 1/2" ID hose to the NPT thread or from a quick connect to the NPT thread.  That should be readily available at ACE but I cannot get the existing fitting pulled out of the water line.  So, my question is, has anyone with a Flojet pump added a winterizing kit like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-36543-Pump-Converter-Winterizing/dp/B0006JJ588/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1509138360&sr=8-1&keywords=rv+winterizing+kit

Just get a longer cheater bar for the wrench!  :eek:  ;)

You are right about fittings readily available, but as you said, they do no good until the fitting is out.  Is it possible to start with the QD and go QD/hose then hose/NPT?  My big concern is not all QD fittings from mixed manufacturers play well together.  That might get it winterized, but I would not want to leave it that way.

Why not just blow Gabriel Blow the lines out with compressed air. Save a few bucks on Pink Stuff, and come spring no need to
A: Contaminate the environment with chemicals.
B: flush it out of the lines.. Just sanatize as you normally would and good to tow.
(Do use pink in drains and toilets but .. Hey, no need to make a special effort to flush those out).

I blew out the lines last year.  My problem this year is that I don't have power where my TT is stored so I cannot run my compressor.

BeagleDad said:
I blew out the lines last year.  My problem this year is that I don't have power where my TT is stored so I cannot run my compressor.

Can you use a generator to power the compressor?

Does anyone know where to get the quick connect fittings for the FloJet? I've blown out my lines and have been looking to see if the 2021 Passport 221BH had a hose hooked up already for the RV antifreeze but apparently not. I can get a hand to where the pump is located so I'm hoping I can just disconnect the hose going in to the pump and temporarily put in my RV hose. Does the quick connect fitting come off easily? Hopefully I can find one to rig up.

If you are blowing the lines out with air. .

Open the inelt strainer on the pump and drain it. Run pump for a minute after first blow... Pump is now full of air. and as per my other post. if the air freezes. Dont' worry about the RV.

Does anyone know where to get the quick connect fittings for the FloJet? I've blown out my lines and have been looking to see if the 2021 Passport 221BH had a hose hooked up already for the RV antifreeze but apparently not. I can get a hand to where the pump is located so I'm hoping I can just disconnect the hose going in to the pump and temporarily put in my RV hose. Does the quick connect fitting come off easily? Hopefully I can find one to rig up.
I ordered mine from Amazon:

That and some 1/2" tubing:

Quick fit came out easy for mine. Just put the set up in a gallon ziplock and left it in the small compartment the pump is in for next year.

Erik

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom