Can you flat tow a leased car?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm currently have a BlueOx setup on leased vehicle and if I want to turn it in I will have to remove the base plate and replace the plastic grill.  I will either pay it off or let one of kids, grand kids or employees buy it off lease.  Three year lease with 18,000 buy out on load Jeep Cherokee is good deal for someone and I get to take lease payments off my taxes since it really belongs to the business.

Hey, found a new website... and see some familiar names...

My toad is a lease, but will be buying out as soon as a buy payment equals the lease payment which is coming up pretty soon.

This is toad #4 I think, one of them was a Scion XB and when it got appraised at CarMax they spotted the baseplate and said they would not/could not appraise it or buy it since it was a toad. Automatic disqualification.

On my Subaru I traded in on the Colorado, nobody said anything - they paid off the lease and sold it to someone else.

The Colorado has zero mods on the front end other than the baseplate bolted on. The sockets stick through the grill opening without modification. Taillights are drilled for sockets but you would have to know they're there to see them.

Each place is going to have their specifications for this, so if you tow a lease car you should plan to remove any evidence that it was a toad, or buy it out rather than turn it in lease maturation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom