Winnebago Sealants/Silicone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len2

I have been reading posts that talk about not using silicone for a sealant. Shortly after getting our MH I ordered the Winnebago Sealants from "winnebagoparts.com" using the part numbers from the Sealant callout sheet. Three of the 4 tubes I got say Silicone on them. The 4 tubes I got are:

NuFlex 311 - Silicone - Part # 1312640301A
NuFlex 313 - Silicone - Part # 1312640403A
NuFlex 331 - Silicone - Part # 1312640502A
Manus-Bond 75-AM - Part # 07288910000

Should I use these?

I am getting ready to install fasteners for an external windshield cover and I want to seal the screw holes. I don't want to use the wrong thing.

I say use what they sent.  In spite of what some believe,  Winnebago call - out sheets for some coaches do specify silicone based sealants for some applications.

Thanks John and afchap. I was concerned because while the website is winnebagoparts.com the receipt is Mobility R.V., Inc. I was afraid the sealants I was sent might have been a substitution for a real Winnebago part. I don't want any problems down the road. I used some of the 311 when I put on some gutter extensions. I will watch it.

winnebagoparts as you have discovered is not Winnebago Industries. You can call the 'real' Winnebago parts and order directly from them or ask them to corroborate the sealants you were sent by Mobility.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom