Christmas season performances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
The Delta Strummers are practicing hard for a couple of upcoming performances; December 7 we perform for an assisted living facility in Antioch, CA and December 14 we have two performances for a Grade school in Brentwood, CA. Christmas singing with kids is always a fun event.

Then we kick into high gear for a major concert at the Summerset IV over-55 Dell Webb community in Brentwood, CA in March.

Approx 50% of a concert performance is comprised of new (to the band) numbers. These usually come from our 'open mic' sessions. Our playlist for a couple of upcoming performances include approx 50% new numbers.

Sounds like fun Tom. Neither Kim nor I are musical but both our daughters are - the oldest plays the flute and the youngest sings and plays percussion, some piano, and the uke. We've encouraged them to keep up with it at church and community groups and such.

That's wonderful Joe. Wish I'd had the same opportunity & encouragement when I was young. My first week at grammar school I signed up for a music class, and they gave me a violin to take home. After a few screech, screech, screeches, I was told to take the violin back and not bring it home again. I signed up for another subject instead.

Our Music Committee has finalized the playlists for our December performances. The grade school playlist has all Christmas songs that the kids enjoy singing along with. The assisted-living facility gets a mixture of Christmas songs and traditional songs.

Meanwhile, we're starting to prepare for our March concert at a Dell Webb community.

Attachments

• Playlist-Practice List Nov-Dec 2017.pdf
    57.1 KB · Views: 3
Aye they do Jackie, and we have as much fun as the kids.

Old Macdonald is always a blast with the kids. Various members of the band don "animal hats" for the respective animal parts; Several each cows, sheep, chickens, ducks, etc.

For Itsy Bitsy Spider (not in the Christmas program), we have a "huge humongous spider" (approx 2 feet across) that rises and falls.

Tom said:
Old Macdonald is always a blast with the kids. Various members of the band don "animal hats" for the respective animal parts; Several each cows, sheep, chickens, ducks, etc.

For Itsy Bitsy Spider (not in the Christmas program), we have a "huge humongous spider" (approx 2 feet across) that rises and falls.
We need to see those videos. Sounds awesome!

I missed two consecutive Delta Strummers rehearsals due to Chris' knee surgery, but attended this Tuesday. All I can say is this band will be ready for our two upcoming holiday performances.

Meanwhile, we spent half of the 2-hour rehearsal learning/practicing some 'new' (to us) numbers for our March public concert. Some rough edges, but plenty of time to work them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom