RV Trip Wizard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I signed up for it, and have been playing with it a bit. It seems to have a bit of a steep initial learning curve, and a lot of outdated information about Parks and campsites.

I like the way it can help you plan your daily range, for both fuel and stopovers when planning a long trip.

Dragginourbedaround said:
I haven't run across any outdated information yet. If you have any questions or need help let me know.

I found a number of RV Parks that are no longer active, and several that I know about that are not in their DB. I try to send them notification when I find that stuff.
Also found that making drastic changes to a route can be quite painful. It is better to just start a new route.
(We had a trip laid out for here to Main, but now plan to head south for the winter, and make Maine in the Spring. Tried to just re-route the trip. It got really weird. Again, that learning curve, I reckon.)

Yes, it would be easier to save the Maine trip and use it next year and start a new trip going south. There is an option to grab and drag route which if the two routes were anywhere near each other might be the way to go. It seems like one route is east to west over 2k miles and the other is north to south maybe 1k miles. Even if I were using Google I would start a new route.

Dragginourbedaround said:
Yes, it would be easier to save the Maine trip and use it next year and start a new trip going south. There is an option to grab and drag route which if the two routes were anywhere near each other might be the way to go. It seems like one route is east to west over 2k miles and the other is north to south maybe 1k miles. Even if I were using Google I would start a new route.

Well the intent was simply to leave the Maine trip, since it's still our current destination, but to loop down to Arizona, and across the southern route to Florida, and the north to Maine. with the return trip intact. It actually worked well on Google Maps, but RVTripper got a wrapped around the axle.
It's good for what it was designed for, I think. but I tend to push online utilities to their logical limits.
Too many years in Software test lab, I reckon.

Too bad I haven't yet figured out how to get paid for doing that sort of thing after I retire.

Back
Top Bottom