Tiffin Wayfarer 24TW or Leisure Travel Vans Unity TB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pasunejeunefille

My husband and I recently retired and are looking for a small sprinter based rig  that we can travel around in.  The plan is to stay in state and federal parks so we want a small unit. We will not be full time. We have had several large travel trailers and fifth wheels in the past and have decided to keep our latest one in case the kids ever come with us. The class B plus would just be for us to use.

We just started investigating this class of motorhome. Any thoughts on the above two? The floor plans are nearly identical but it seems, and I could be wrong, that the Wayfarer is more of a four season unit.

Any thoughts on these two?  Anything else we should look at?

Thanks so much!

All Sprinter based RV's are relatively small, usually 24-26 feet and most major manufacturers have several versions of them. A quick Google search of "Sprinter based RV" leads to quite a variety of them, early ones on the Dodge chassis, later ones on the Mercedes chassis. Similar ones are now being built on a Ford chassis.  Most are classed as "B or B+" but some have been advertised as Class C as well. The more recent versions have a slide or two as well, sometimes the bedroom slide extends out the back rather than to the sides, which I found was a quite interesting use of space.

As far as a true 4 season unit is concerned, that would be a rare bird, and depends on what part of the country the Winter season occurs. As you have probably already noticed, storage  and load capacity, (stuff you will want to carry), in these units is very limited and that probably means very good insulation will have also been sacrificed to the 'weight gods'.

Both units look good on paper but not cheap either!!

Another company to look at is Phoenix Cruiser. They make only B+ motorhomes, both on Sprinter and Ford chassis.  We went with them over our first choice of LTV and are very happy.

I just purchased a Tiffin GH1- a 144 Class B deisel Mercedes Sprinter van on 12-15-23!

I did not like the dealer experience; but, like the Van..so far! Anyone ever heard of the Tiffin GH1?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom