If you are in California...you better fill up your fuel tanks before Wednesday.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I almost forgot to report back on  the condition of Hwy 99. It was fine, but some parts had newer pavement than other parts. But it was okay to drive on the entire length down from Sacramento.

Gas is about $4.00 per gallon in Needles, CA. The price is about half that (below $2.50) just across the river into AZ.

-Don-  Lake Havasu City, AZ

Thanks for the report Don. Aye, Needles has been known for it's very high gas prices for years.

TonyDtorch said:
Not to worry...That money will be added into our California State general fund.

That way it stays safe until it can be used to improve our highways...and the interest earned will help CALPERS stay funded for a while longer.

(...and poof! ..it's all gone. )

Sounds like California uses the same lock box that Social Security was using until Congress found out that it was unlocked and helped themselves.

Bill

garyb1st said:
Personally I think we should do what London does and tax vehicles for driving into the city.  Only in our case, we should tax certain out-of-state drivers who drive into California.  However, only those certain drivers who bad mouth the State every time they can. 

Many moons ago (1971) I left the state shortly after they sent me an income tax form already filled in.  Sadly for them I was in the military and Cal was NOT my home state.  One kid born there but that was the only valuable thing we produced in our short residency.  I don't knock California, just laugh a bit at some of the things they do but since it will soon be seceding from the union, I may need a visa to visit anyway.....lol

We just spent two and a half weeks in California and are now in Arizona but just across the river from CA. Highest diesel we saw was at Furnace Creek in Death Valley - $4.99. Furnace Creek is legendary for fuel price gouging. Drive into Pahrump, NV and it was $3.65. We have been buying diesel in both CA and AZ for $3.60 - $3.80. It is more dependent on competition and how close to the interstate than the state we are in. Go into town and fuel is 30 - 75 cents less than on I-40.

Personally, I enjoy visiting California as long as I stay out of very populated areas. That is more due to the trouble we have finding parking for the truck when unhitched from the trailer. I traveled to CA a lot on business for years, so the traffic doesn?t bother me. There is a lot of beauty here, and we are coming back before our Quartzsite trip too.

Tom said:
Thanks for the report Don. Aye, Needles has been known for it's very high gas prices for years.
Where I am now, Yuma, AZ the gas price is as low as $2.25.

BTW, ever hear of an RV park that doesn't accept credit or debit cards?  Riverside RV Park in Yuma.

That's where I am now, but the price is right. $20.00 per night. I gave them cash for a few days here.

Where I stayed a week in LHC, near the London Bridge, it was more than $60.00 per night. Sam's Beachcomber RV Resort.

It's hot here. Must have been over 90F today. I even had to run the AC when it as already dark.

Tomorrow will only be 87F with a real feel of 89F.    I just checked.

Hard to believe some people even live here in the summer!

-Don-  Yuma, AZ

DonTom said:
BTW, ever hear of an RV park that doesn't accept credit or debit cards?

Aye, we've stayed at a few. There's a park we've stayed at a couple of times en route to the MidWest. They honor the Passport America 50% discount, but require a $20 bill. There's a bare bones park near Amarillo, TX that also gives the PA 50% discount; When we've stayed there, they were on the honor system and IIRC you left $12 in an envelope.

Hard to believe some people even live here in the summer!

I've never understood why people live there any time of year, but we have several friends and acquaintances who moved there from Discovery Bay.

Tom said:
Aye, we've stayed at a few. There's a park we've stayed at a couple of times en route to the MidWest. They honor the Passport America 50% discount, but require a $20 bill. There's a bare bones park near Amarillo, TX that also gives the PA 50% discount; When we've stayed there, they were on the honor system and IIRC you left $12 in an envelope.
We've stayed at quite a few PA campgrounds that require cash and I can understand why. It's too much of a hit when a small amount of money is charged to a credit card.

Dragginourbedaround said:
We've stayed at quite a few PA campgrounds that require cash and I can understand why. It's too much of a hit when a small amount of money is charged to a credit card.

Tax free income is worth about 15% more,  plus the 3% the credit card company gets.

So on that $20 charge he only keeps about $16.

TonyDtorch said:
Tax free income is worth about 15% more,  plus the 3% the credit card company gets.

So on that $20 charge he only keeps about $16.
Tony that could be as high as 5% for a small business that doesn't have much credit card activity.

plus batching fees.

Cash is King.  Many companies (gas stations etc.) offer a 10% discount for cash.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom