EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: If you are in California...you better fill up your fuel tanks before Wednesday.  (Read 1456 times)

Oldgator73

• ---
I was wrong.  I just found this quote in the LA Times..."Brown said the taxes and fees will cost most Californians less than $10 per month".

Proud of you Tony. Takes a big man to say you are wrong
2016 Winnebago Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Crew Cab
Air Force Retired
It's not the weight of the load, it's how you carry it.

Mauleman

• ---
I was wrong.

I just found this quote in the LA Times..."Brown said the taxes and fees will cost most Californians less than $10 per month".

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-gas-tax-signing-20170428-story.html

whew ...had me scared for a minute.
    You actually believe Jerry Brown???????

TonyDtorch

• ---
Jerry has already been our governor for 4 terms,  after all those years as a well respected Democratic leader of one of the largest states in our nation,   

I wouldn't be surprised if he runs for the White House.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 07:49:29 PM by TonyDtorch »

Mauleman

• ---
Jerry has already been our governor for 4 terms,  after all those years as a well respected Democratic leader of one of the largest states in our nation,   

I wouldn't be surprised if he runs for the White House.
   god help us

Sun2Retire

• Photo moderator
  • ---
We're talking about gas prices here folks...
Scott
2005 Newmar Dutch Star 3810, Spartan, Cat C7 350 "OURVEE"
Eezrv TPMS, VMSpc, 800W Solar
2002 Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab "RTOAD"
Stowmaster towbar & Brakemaster

Willandgiselarv

• ---
It's time for brown to retire.
I truly believe politicians should have term limits.
Another smart move is sanctuary state...
2004 GB. Bellagio 38ft  3126E Allison 3060
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
Thanks for the reminder Scott. Folks, please remember our forum rules re political discussions. We've reminded our forum members numerous times, but here are our rules, also visible by scrolling over the About button in the menu above and scrolling down.

In case you didn't/couldn't read, please stop the political stuff, and post your political rants elsewhere. They have no place in our forum, and only lead to discussions going downhill.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:00:32 PM by Tom »
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

garyb1st

• ---
Got my renewal for the motorhome registration.  Based on what the previous owner paid, we're up about $100.00.  That's what I was expecting.  Should be about the same on the Jeep.  Maybe $25.00 on the old Infiniti.  So $225.00 total increase for vehicle registration.   Another $120 in increased gas prices based on 15,000 combined miles.  Total increase, $345.  That's $28.75 a month.  A bit more than the $10.00 a month that was mentioned.  But then, maybe the $10.00 per month is an average for everyone in the State.  ;)   If so, a family of four would on average pay another $40.00 a month.  That's a tougher sell than $10.00 a month.  I'm good with the increase if they actually fix the roads.  However, I'm not holding my breath. 
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
good with the increase if they actually fix the roads.  However, I'm not holding my breath.

Me too.   

SargeW

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Life is better on the road!
Unfortunately we have heard those promises before. And the worst part is, for those of us that have lived long term in CA know that once that tax is imposed, it never goes away. Ever. 
Marty--
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40SP
Cummins ISL 450 HP/Powerglide chassis
Visit our new travel blog! http://www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickTNG
Support your local Police Officer, Fire Fighter and Military!

TonyDtorch

• ---
I give up on ca..

I figured if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.....

I'm gonna get me some of that $100 million for bicycles money and buy property in Sodona AZ.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 10:56:47 PM by TonyDtorch »

Oldgator73

• ---
You can move to Delaware. If you travel north and want to avoid some traffic and a red light every hundred yards or so, you can take Del 1. From Dover to Wilmington, about 50 miles, during the week the toll is $2 each way. On the weekend the toll is $4 each way. Our gas is cheaper though. I think it's about $2.35 gal. On the other hand California has the PCH and Delaware has RT 13. I would gladly pay the extra gas money if I could drive the PCH.
2016 Winnebago Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Crew Cab
Air Force Retired
It's not the weight of the load, it's how you carry it.

Charlie 5320

• ---
Must not have been just Cal. Our gas usually increases .20 or more on Tues and then drops through out the week. Not this time, .20 tues, .27 Wed. $2.69 yesterday when I came home from the cemetery. 
2003 National Dolphin 5320
496  8.1  Workhorse

98 Damon Daybreak 3130
GM Vortech 454  4L80E
SOLD

Paul & Ann

• ---
    • Paul and Ann's Great RV Adventure
Gasoline here in Des Moines Iowa had been decreasing a few cents every couple of weeks for the last couple of months, then yesterday it went up 10 cents to $2.49.  I am glad I still have 3/4 of a tank that I paid $2.14 for at the end of July.
Paul & Ann  Iowa
2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J
http://stoughrvadventure.blogspot.com/

TonyDtorch

• ---
I just paid $3.49 for mid grade at a Chevron .... it was $3.02 about 2 weeks ago

Thanks Jerry  ??? ........(12 cent increase my ass).

Willandgiselarv

• ---
For diesel I paid 2.79 3 weeks ago,
Today same place is 3.79 a gallon so much for the wee increase. This is also Chevron in Solano County, CA

2004 GB. Bellagio 38ft  3126E Allison 3060
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

Kevin Means

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Tactical Flying
We usually head east from San Diego when we take off on an RV trip. I haven't filled up with California diesel fuel in almost a year. Our 150 gallon tank makes it easy to get to Yuma (3 hours) or some other Arizona town, so that's where I've been fueling up. I filled up in Yuma three days ago, and after driving back to San Diego, I'm only down a little more than an eighth of a tank.

I filled up the Jeep while we were visiting Tombstone last week, and gas was $2.14 per gallon. That's more than a dollar a gallon cheaper than at the 711 near my house.

Kev
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 11:14:23 PM by Kevin Means »
2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Towing a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited LJ or an Acura MDX
RVI Brake 2, Minder TM-66 TPMS, 970 watts of solar
(Can't wait to spend more time RVing)
Lakeside, California

DonTom

• ---
Years ago when Arnold Schwarzenegger was governor he said he was going to fix highway 99 from Bakersfield to Sacramento. And he did. It is pretty much completed now and in pretty good shape.

We've traveled the length of it this past few months and, with the exception of a few small sections that are being worked on, I'm happy with it.
Glad to hear that as I will be taking 99 south all the way to hwy 58 this Sunday.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
-Don-   AA6GA

2000 Fleetwood Tioga 24D, 7.4L

Eight motorcycles:
Original owner of:
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Versys 650 LT
2016 Moto Guzzi Stelvio
2017 Zero DS ZF6.5
2017 Zero SR 13 w/pwr tank

DonTom

• ---
I filled up the Jeep while we were visiting Tombstone last week, and gas was $214.00 per gallon. That's more than a dollar a gallon cheaper than at the 711 near my house.

Kev
At that price, it will cost me almost $11,000.00 to fill my 50 gal gas tank!!! That's probably more than my RV is worth!

-Don-  Auburn, CA

-Don-   AA6GA

Eight motorcycles:
Original owner of:
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Versys 650 LT
2016 Moto Guzzi Stelvio
2017 Zero DS ZF6.5

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
Quote from: DonTom
... I will be taking 99 south all the way to hwy 58 this Sunday.

Don, FWIW we prefer to take I-5 south, then Hwy 46 via Wasco to Hwy 99, and south to Hwy 58. Don't have to deal with the small towns and associated traffic on Hwy 99.

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
Don, FWIW we prefer to take I-5 south, then Hwy 46 via Wasco to Hwy 99, and south to Hwy 58. Don't have to deal with the small towns and associated traffic on Hwy 99.
I agree. The reason I always prefered 5 was because 99 was like driving off road since it was in such bad shape. But then again I haven't lived in California for 20 years so things may be different.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
My new Pixel camera:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMSw5eVkCfKuuEOP2
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7
My Grand Canyon shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
My issues with Hwy 99 are the high truck traffic and all the small towns you go through, which means additional traffic.

TonyDtorch

• ---
It used to be,  never take 99 if you don't have to.

DonTom

• ---
I have done the I-5 to Wasco thing countless times and that is exactly why I will never do it again during this time of year.

Ever been in the fog so thick on I-5 that you could not see a foot in front of you? And you don't know if you're going to get rear-ended by an 18 wheeler any second if you don't keep the speed up? The worse part is the next exit could be many  hours away at 15 MPH, if you can safely go that fast! That doesn't happen on 99. At least on 99 you can usually get off the freeway MUCH sooner when it becomes foggy.

Anyway, in a few days I will report back here about the shape 99 is in.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 08:51:16 PM by DonTom »
-Don-   AA6GA

Eight motorcycles:
Original owner of:
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Versys 650 LT
2016 Moto Guzzi Stelvio
2017 Zero DS ZF6.5

Kevin Means

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Tactical Flying
At that price, it will cost me almost $11,000.00 to fill my 50 gal gas tank!!! That's probably more than my RV is worth!

-Don-  Auburn, CA
Oops! (Darn decimal points) ;)
2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Towing a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited LJ or an Acura MDX
RVI Brake 2, Minder TM-66 TPMS, 970 watts of solar
(Can't wait to spend more time RVing)
Lakeside, California

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
Ever been in the fog so thick on I-5 that you could not see a foot in front of you?

Understood Don. We've always been lucky and not seen any fog on I-5, but have heard/read lots of stories. Easier to navigate the Delta or the Bay by boat in thick fog; Radar and GPS kept us out of trouble numerous time.

TonyDtorch

• ---
That I-5 Tule fog is an absolute nightmare to drive in,  and it happens on the 99 too.

but, it usually only happens in the rainy season.....so that should mean it doesn't happen any more, you have nothing to worry about....except for the cost of enough fuel to get home.   ;)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 10:33:08 AM by TonyDtorch »

DonTom

• ---
That I-5 Tule fog is an absolute nightmare to drive in,  and it happens on the 99 too.
Yes, it can also happen on 99. Take the next exit and wait it out off the freeway. Perhaps a few minutes away, unlike on I-5.

BTW, it was in November several years ago we were on I-5 in the very thick fog.  I will never forget it. It's amazing that nothing happened. It was much like driving totally blind. But that might have been extra bad because it was at night.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
-Don-   AA6GA

Eight motorcycles:
Original owner of:
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Versys 650 LT
2016 Moto Guzzi Stelvio
2017 Zero DS ZF6.5

DonTom

• ---
Understood Don. We've always been lucky and not seen any fog on I-5, but have heard/read lots of stories. Easier to navigate the Delta or the Bay by boat in thick fog; Radar and GPS kept us out of trouble numerous time.
I think anybody who gets stuck in the fog as bad as we did would reconsider ever taking I-5 again, especially during this time of year. The main problem is nowhere to safely get off the freeway for hours. And I mean hours because the drive will be very, very slow to the next exit, usually many miles away, unlike 99.

-Don-  Auburn, CA
-Don-   AA6GA

Eight motorcycles:
Original owner of:
1971 BMW R75/5
1984 Yamaha Venture
2002 Suzuki DR200SE
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2016 Versys 650 LT
2016 Moto Guzzi Stelvio
2017 Zero DS ZF6.5

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
The main problem is nowhere to safely get off the freeway for hours. And I mean hours because the drive will be very, very slow to the next exit, usually many miles away, unlike 99.

Aye Don, I got that very good point from your earlier message. I hadn't thought about that.

Hosted by Over The Network