1997 Winnebago 32ft Adventurer - Generator Issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lunchboxfpv

Hey everyone! Firstly thank you in advance for any issues you may think could be causing what is show in the video....

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=iHO0ywvXutY

TO begin the generator was not starting, cranking but nothing just choking out so I did the following

-Replace air filter
-Replaced gas filter
-Replaced oil Filter
-Changed oil
-Changed spark plugs

Went then to start and it started up but choked out.... Used a bit a of carb cleaner she runs when putting carb cleaner in but dies shortly after....

Any hints/tips?

I couldn't bring up the video. I would guess a clogged up carb. Try mixing a rich mixture of Seafoam in a smaller gas can and use that for the fuel supply. I would mix up 2-3 gallons and run it through.
Did you check that the fuel pump is working?
Bill

A crack or pinhole in the fuel line would also have those symptoms, and would not be surprising in a 20 year old rig.  Make up a fuel line you can stick into a gas can and see if it runs with that. If not, make the Seafoam (or similar carb cleaner) mix that Bill suggests and try to run that through.

Thank you so much for the advice! I will get checking today.

Someone had mentioned to me the low oil pressure switch could be faulty? Anyone have that issue?

How long since the genny was ran last. It could be gummed up with crappy ethanol gas. It turns to a gel like crap after a few months.

I have never seen any gel like crap in any thing that had 10 percent ethanol in the gas. E85 yes, not regular gas. Even with E85 it's not common, but ethanol does attack some plastics and turn them to mush. 

If your motorhome is some twenty years old, and the generator is as well, I doubt it has an oil pressure switch, but without knowing the model number, we cannot be certain. But even if it had the switch, I think that it would either work, or not, and it would not be intermittent. Along with the previous suggestions, if your carburetor has a altimeter setting, check the setting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom