Still Leaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
O

Oldgator73

Our Winnabego Winnie Drop has leaked since we bought it new in Feb 2016. The rear window leaked and driver's side bedroom window leaked. Winnebago factory replaced the rear window and the leaking there has been abated. The other window is another story. The dealer worked on it (we are in Delaware and the dealer is in Michigan). Didn't do any good. Found another dealer just over the state line in MD and he worked on it and it still leaked. Had a few discussions with Winnebago Warranty and the end result was they sent me a new window to be installed at my expense. In the meantime my son-in-law and I recaulked the window to no avail, still leaked. I took the trailer to an RV repair shop about 45 minutes from here and he installed the new window. Pretty good price too. We had a big storm last night and lo and behold, the window leaked. I called him back this morning and we agreed that it's probably not the window. Taking it back to him next week. He says he is sure he can find the leak. If he can't our next stop may be to trade for something else. Maybe a 45' Prevost.

Wow!  How frustrating, especially for a new RV.  I has always amazed me how far water can travel before it finds it way in.  It is almost always some interface that has been assembled incorrectly or has not been fully caulked. Good luck with finding a solution.

Who's working on it? Mark Cox? If so, rest assured he will find and fix it! :)

kdbgoat said:
Who's working on it? Mark Cox? If so, rest assured he will find and fix it! :)

Yes. I was impressed with him. That's why I am taking it back to him.

some body should do a pressure test o it this is the only way to find a galloping leak. The bubbles dont lie.. 8)

Are you sure the leak is not coming from above  the window ?

TonyDtorch said:
Are you sure the leak is not coming from above  the window ?

I think the leak is coming from somewhere and migrating to the window. The leak is a steady dribble, enough to soak the mattress and sheets at the head of the bed. I'm giving him plenty of time to find it. Taking it in tomorrow and we leave for 3 weeks on Friday

tboss said:
some body should do a pressure test o it this is the only way to find a galloping leak. The bubbles dont lie.. 8)

Yeah but the leak is not in a sealed system. It's either the roof, or the trim, or one of the units on the roof.

I had water leaking into a light fixture and at a ceiling panel seam. The boot on the antenna coax cable was relaxed just enough to let it leak. Everything on the roof looked perfect so I kept pouring water on the boot until DW said it was running out of the light.  The antenna was about 6 ft away.

I think this is going to be a bit hard to find. It does not leak every time it rains or if I run water from a hose over the natural suspects. We'll see what happens. Might have to remove the wall in the bedroom and see if there is a stain trail.

Back
Top Bottom