EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Boondocking in Quartzite/KOFA Areas  (Read 1851 times)

LauraCharles

• ---
Re: Boondocking in Quartzite/KOFA Areas
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2017, 07:21:05 AM »
So we're meandering around the country, living and working full-time in our rig. Haven't done much boondocking and aren't set up to go long without running the generator. We'll likely be in the area come January (or can be... might as well take advantage of having wheels under our house😁).
Is running gennys ok at Q and KOFA?  Guessing there's enough room that generators and non can keep distanced?
2011 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 38P W24, 8.1 Vortec
2009 Saturn Vue-4 on the ground

camperAL

• ---
  • Back Into RV'ing
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2017, 11:37:23 AM »
Hi Laura and Charles,

Kevin and some other can probably answer this better but I'll take a stab. Little vegetation in the area so I'd say generator use is o.k. but as in campgrounds, I'd not run it past 9 or 10 p.m. and not too early in the morning. Some people take a low noise generator to use and that might be in order to just run the bare essentials until you need the bigger generator on the motorhome for a/c and so forth.
CamperAL (Indiana)
(2006 Coachmen Mirada 290 KS )

Kevin Means

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Tactical Flying
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2017, 12:29:30 PM »
H LauraCharles... sorry I didn't respond sooner. I just noticed your question about generators. Generator use is fine, and like Al said, no one seems to mind as long as they're not woken up by them. We've noticed that when camping with a group, and generators are needed, most people tend to sync up their generator run-times in the late morning and/or early evening. That way it doesn't seem like they're running non-stop.

If you've got solar, you won't find many places in the country that provide more solar power. Of course if it's cloudy, it's back to generator power. We hope you can join us.

Kev
2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Towing a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited LJ or an Acura MDX
RVI Brake 2, Minder TM-66 TPMS, 970 watts of solar
(Can't wait to spend more time RVing)
Lakeside, California

Hosted by Over The Network