Yellowstone Camping Reservations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

indiana journey

I just got off the phone to Yellowstone Campground Reservations/Xanterra. We were trying to get reservations @ Fishing Bridge RV park for next summer. We wanted FHU for our 37' MH. The Gentleman on the phone informed me that they started taking the reservations for 2018 on May 1,2017. "If you are interested in getting to stay @ Fishing Bridge in 2019, make your reservations May 1,2018. You might get lucky and get one of the sites."
We will be staying @ Henry's Lake SP in Idaho, about 15 miles west of the west entrance to Yellowstone. It has FHU and is only $31 a night. The drive will not distract from our visit to Yellowstone.
Plan Ahead,
Indiana Journey

I think the big problem here is that you have a 37 ft RV, many / most of the spaces at fishing bridge are 30 or 35 ft spaces.  A quick check of their online reservations shows 7 day reservations still available almost every week in June and July excluding the first week of July for both 30 and 35 ft spaces, it also showed only one date available for a 40 ft space from May - July.

p.s. when they say 30 ft space they mean 30 ft space, our motorhome is 29'3" bumper to bumper and just under 31 ft counting the hitch mount spare tire carrier, we were at fishing bridge last summer and shoe horned into a 30 ft site with pine limbs brushing up against our spare tire and our front bumper right at the front edge of the site.

We got a site for 3 or 4 nights at short notice in August. We are 31ft trailer. Sites are a bit squashed but then you aren't at the site for ling or we weren't..

You are probably better off. Fishing Bridge is VERY cozy. You can look out your back side window right into your neighbors back side window. I prefer Grants Village and Madison Junction. But that is dry camping...

indiana journey said:
I just got off the phone to Yellowstone Campground Reservations/Xanterra. We were trying to get reservations @ Fishing Bridge RV park for next summer. We wanted FHU for our 37' MH. The Gentleman on the phone informed me that they started taking the reservations for 2018 on May 1,2017. "If you are interested in getting to stay @ Fishing Bridge in 2019, make your reservations May 1,2018. You might get lucky and get one of the sites."
We will be staying @ Henry's Lake SP in Idaho, about 15 miles west of the west entrance to Yellowstone. It has FHU and is only $31 a night. The drive will not distract from our visit to Yellowstone.
Plan Ahead,
Indiana Journey
  Henry's lake isn't far from Montpelier Idaho.. you can visit one of the banks robbed by Butch Cassidy.....lol

Last summer we stayed at Buffalo Run RV Park & Cabins, 3402 US-20, Island Park, ID 83429, buffalorunrvpark.com, (208) 558-7112. Not far from the west entrance. We stayed out there because we also were exploring the Caribou-Targhee National Forest area. Nice campground.
Bill

We stayed at Henry's Lake SP in September while visiting Yellowstone.  It was lovely.  Big open spaces and lots of room.  Lots of their 'FHU' sites have power and water but no sewer.  I think only 8 sites have power, water and sewer.  They have a good dump station though.  Beware though...that place can get crazy windy.  We had to pull in our slide one night with the wind wiping our slide topper something fierce.  Easy drive to Yellowstone.  I'd definitely stay there again.  They have some moose that like the hang out just below the campground.

We have reservations at Grizzly Rv for next May at west yellowstone.  But i am reading that it is four and a half hour drive right now to old faithful because some road is closed.  Hope it opens back up soon!

Peggyy said:
We have reservations at Grizzly Rv for next May at west yellowstone.  But i am reading that it is four and a half hour drive right now to old faithful because some road is closed.  Hope it opens back up soon!
You can keep up with road conditions on the NPS web site.
https://www.nps.gov/yell/planyourvisit/parkroads.htm
You will also experience traffic stoppages because of animal sightings. ;D :))
Bill

Have to agree on Fishing Bridge, it is A SARDINE campground! There are some electric hookups on the East Entrance Road of the Shoshone Forest, electric only, but only 15.00 for Seniors, not sure regular price. Wapiti and Rex Hale have electric. Lots of dry camping on that corridor too.

West Yellowstone has lots of RV parks and some Forest Service with electric only, You can dump at Grizzly RV campground for 7 dollars.

Just a thought, and ideas....

indiana journey said:
Plan Ahead,
Indiana Journey

Already booked my reservations for Grand Tetons for Sept 2018. I did it months ago. I think the National Parks are either 11 or 12 months advanced booking. Highly recommend it.....

Back
Top Bottom