autopark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

capt.morgan58

Florida(winter) Grand Teton NP Wy.(summer)
After several failed and expensive attempts to have my j71 autopark repaired I want to convert to a floor mounted lever like the old style but can find very little info about doing it. so has anyone done this and if so what parts and procedure did you use?  98 Daybreak w/autopark only.  thanks in advance. Capt.

capt.morgan58 said:
After several failed and expensive attempts to have my j71 autopark repaired I want to convert to a floor mounted lever like the old style but can find very little info about doing it. so has anyone done this and if so what parts and procedure did you use?  98 Daybreak w/autopark only.  thanks in advance. Capt.
Does your Daybreak have the 1st version or the second? The first version ran off of the power steering pump and the second had its own 12 volt motor that ran it. My 98 Daybreak had the second version, but never had any trouble with it. I did however research it because I knew there was trouble with some off them. If you haven't already done it, I recommend updating the switches. Old Used Bear has the fix for it.

capt.morgan58 said:
Thanks guys but I am familar with O'emy's and roger(old used bear) but I don't want to repair it i want to convert it and that's what I'm looking for info on, and charlie 5320 it's the second version. Capt.

Right here http://www.oemys-performance.com/media/autopark%20brake%20replacement.pdf on Oemy's site. Redesigh the j71.

Also, you can just disconnect the cable from the auto park hydraulic cylinder and use the manual peddle. You'll have to rig up something to bypass where the cables meet.

Richard

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom