Water heater stopped working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rbunkley

Ran out of water. Turned heater off and used what water was left in the water heater for wife to finish shower. When I filled the fresh water tank I ran the hot side till it flowed with no air in it but now I can?t get any hot water. We have the Atwood 6 gal gas/ ele heater. Help!

Is it possible that the shower faucets are open and the water turned off on the shower head? That could cause the hot water to mix with the cold.

Is the pressure relief valve on the water heater warm to the touch? Careful, potential burn hazard if it's hot.

Have you checked your circuit breakers? Maybe they've tripped. You'll need to shut them of then back on to reset them. Do you have power coming into the RV? There's something missing here just can't put mu thumb on it. Do you have propane? It may be a combination of no 110 volt AC power and no propane.

No triped breaker and have plenty of propane. Pressure is good on hot side with no cavitation. This has me stumped

Inside the water heater cover is a thermal cutoff fuse connected to thermostat. It is inline with one of the wires. Remove and check for continuity.

Back
Top Bottom