Aqua Hot will not run when turned on.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nitrohog1

I have a Aqua Hot system on my coach. My problem is when I turn the Diesel Burner on at the switch nothing will come on. I hear no pumps running nor do I hear any combustion. My green light at the switch comes on and when I go to the Aqua Hot bay and look at the light board I see no faults and the green Diesel burner light is on. Has anyone had this problem and can tell me what they had to do to repair it?

thanks for your help,

Herebie

Is your fuel tank near empty? Just like generators, an Aqua Hot won't run with under (roughly) a quarter tank. Could it be just after you've come in off the road, where the engine heat has it up to temp? Is the electric element on?

If it's not those, then you might need a repair shop, though someone else may have a better idea.

Before anything else have you tried to reset the system.
On the panel there is a hole marked reset. Use a paperclip the push the reset button beneath the hole on the PC board.

ken

If you have completely turned power off to the motorhome, you will have a low voltage light on. Mine is very hard to see but still on. As previously mentioned, hit the reset button thru a hole in the face (I use a small hex wrench and keep it in the bay).

I have reset the low voltage, the fuel tank is full and the engine is cold, the antifreeze is at the cold level, the electric heat is off, the water in the tank is cold. I guess I might need to take it to the shop.

Is the thermostat set to Gas? If nothing at all is happening when you try to turn it on, there may be a problem with the thermostat communicating with the Aqua Hot. Do the heat pumps work when the thermostat is set to Electric?

Kev 

Kev, the AC electric heat works fine when it is set to electric heat. When I change it to Gas Heat and turn on the Aqua hot switch the Aqua hot does not come on.  I guess I will take the Thermostat out and see if there are any loose connections.

Herbie

Hey Folks I am a Happy Camper. I got on the phone with Tech Support at Aqua Hot and was told to put a temporary Jumper Wire between  Thermostat Terminals 3 & 4 on the Control Board and the unit fired up.  I was  instructed  to replace the Temp Control Thermostat at the unit and now everything is working perfect. If the Temp Control Thermostat goes bad the Electric and Diesel burner will not come on.

Herbie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom