EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Aqua Hot will not run when turned on.  (Read 224 times)

nitrohog1

• ---
Aqua Hot will not run when turned on.
« on: November 01, 2017, 08:28:05 AM »
I have a Aqua Hot system on my coach. My problem is when I turn the Diesel Burner on at the switch nothing will come on. I hear no pumps running nor do I hear any combustion. My green light at the switch comes on and when I go to the Aqua Hot bay and look at the light board I see no faults and the green Diesel burner light is on. Has anyone had this problem and can tell me what they had to do to repair it?

thanks for your help,

Herebie
Herbie
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
Re: Aqua Hot will not run when turned on.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 09:49:24 AM »
Is your fuel tank near empty? Just like generators, an Aqua Hot won't run with under (roughly) a quarter tank. Could it be just after you've come in off the road, where the engine heat has it up to temp? Is the electric element on?

If it's not those, then you might need a repair shop, though someone else may have a better idea.
Larry and Mary Ann N.
2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 -ISB6.7 XT 360HP
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited toad
Formerly: Trailmanor 2720SL
  de N8GGG

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 10:00:05 AM »
Before anything else have you tried to reset the system.
On the panel there is a hole marked reset. Use a paperclip the push the reset button beneath the hole on the PC board.

ken

Ken & Sheila
2009 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ
2008 Jeep Liberty, 2006 Saturn Vue
Fur-ball kids: Ariel and Mia

JSplaine

• ---
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 10:12:48 AM »
If you have completely turned power off to the motorhome, you will have a low voltage light on. Mine is very hard to see but still on. As previously mentioned, hit the reset button thru a hole in the face (I use a small hex wrench and keep it in the bay).
2004 Beaver Monterey
2010 CRV

nitrohog1

• ---
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 10:51:37 AM »
I have reset the low voltage, the fuel tank is full and the engine is cold, the antifreeze is at the cold level, the electric heat is off, the water in the tank is cold. I guess I might need to take it to the shop.
Herbie
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

Kevin Means

• Forum Staff
  • ---
    • Tactical Flying
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 11:02:01 AM »
Is the thermostat set to Gas? If nothing at all is happening when you try to turn it on, there may be a problem with the thermostat communicating with the Aqua Hot. Do the heat pumps work when the thermostat is set to Electric?

Kev 
2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Towing a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited LJ or an Acura MDX
RVI Brake 2, Minder TM-66 TPMS, 970 watts of solar
(Can't wait to spend more time RVing)
Lakeside, California

nitrohog1

• ---
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 11:45:42 AM »
Kev, the AC electric heat works fine when it is set to electric heat. When I change it to Gas Heat and turn on the Aqua hot switch the Aqua hot does not come on.  I guess I will take the Thermostat out and see if there are any loose connections.

Herbie
Herbie
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

nitrohog1

• ---
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 08:05:28 AM »
Hey Folks I am a Happy Camper. I got on the phone with Tech Support at Aqua Hot and was told to put a temporary Jumper Wire between  Thermostat Terminals 3 & 4 on the Control Board and the unit fired up.  I was  instructed  to replace the Temp Control Thermostat at the unit and now everything is working perfect. If the Temp Control Thermostat goes bad the Electric and Diesel burner will not come on.

Herbie
Herbie
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 10:34:32 AM »
Hey, Super! Glad you found a not-very-expensive option. Thanks for getting back to us on the resolution.
Larry and Mary Ann N.
2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 -ISB6.7 XT 360HP
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited toad
Formerly: Trailmanor 2720SL
  de N8GGG

Hosted by Over The Network