EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Do you camp over holidays? what is it like?  (Read 442 times)

Graycat

• ---
Do you camp over holidays? what is it like?
« on: November 13, 2017, 09:36:14 AM »
Is it like camping any other time of the year, or there lots of groups who get together to celebrate?  Since we are going to be alone this year, I thought it'd be fun to get away and go camping.  But I think I'd feel lonely eating hamburgers at a campsite if most people are with big groups having a part.  iykwim.
Marti, Lee, and an old gray cat named Buddy

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
Re: Do you camp over holidays? what is it like?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 09:40:16 AM »
I was a full timer for 10 years and I could not tell the holidays from the rest of the year.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
My new Pixel camera:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMSw5eVkCfKuuEOP2
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7
My Grand Canyon shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1

zmotorsports

• ---
  • Hardcore Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 09:45:03 AM »
When our son was younger we seemed to always hit the holiday weekends due to him being out of school on those days, so therefore all vacations seemed to revolve around holidays. 

Now we try to avoid the holiday weekends as too many people/crowds.

Mike
2003 Monaco Dynasty Baroness
2008 Haulmark Edge 26'
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
FMCA# F315002

OLDRACER

• ---
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 11:04:16 AM »
This depends entirely on the campground, some have excellent holiday programs and get-togethers, others no change from normal routine.

Call and ask!

glen54737

• ---
  • My camping buddy
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 12:05:02 PM »
I suppose it depends which holiday you are talking about summer ones are very busy, winter ones as are coming up vary a lot depending where you are.
2018 Thor Miramar 35.2
2015 F-350 CC short box 6.7l 3.55 axle
2015 Alpine 3510RE-sold

Glen,Nene
Mickey & Jayco (yorkies)

gravesdiesel

• ---
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 02:41:35 PM »
I really enjoy camping on Thanksgiving weekend.  Do the festivities with family on Thanksgiving day, then head to the RV park for the rest of the long weekend.  It is an "off season" for most areas so there are far fewer people.
2016 KZ Spree 262 RKS
2003 Dodge 3500 4 door flatbed 4x4 diesel, 6 speed
1996 Dodge 3500 extra cab flatbed 4x4 diesel 5 speed
2006 Arctic Cat TRV diesel 4x4 ATV
(2) 1981 Yamaha G1 2 cycle golf carts
Many other diesels on the farm!

TonyDtorch

• ---
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 02:48:50 PM »
We love our family tradition of Christmas on the beach.

UTTransplant

• ---
  • Salt Lake City area
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 06:56:17 PM »
If you mean the ďbigĒ holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas), we are doing our first Thanksgiving camping this year. Family is traveling, and I didnít want to stay home and do a restaurant meal for just the two of us. We made reservations yesterday for a (hopefully) nice park for the entire week. I already bought a small smoked ham, and I will make some sweet potatoes and a pumpkin cheesecake. I donít have any expectation of group activities, but I wonít turn them down if there are some.
Pam and Kevin plus Minou and Lily (the cats) plus Lexi (the grand-dog)
2014 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 240RKS
2015 Ram 2500 Diesel
http://toobusyforwork.com

Stephen S.

• ---
  • Marshmallows and Irish Cream. Mmmm.
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 06:59:24 PM »
I've been spending Thanksgiving weekend camping on the Gulf coast in Florida for the last 3 years. I moved to Georgia from Kansas seven years ago, and have no family close enough to visit for a weekend.

I've spent a couple of Christmas through New Years holidays camping near Savannah when I didn't go to my sisters house back in Kansas. Going to Skidaway Island again this holiday season.

Just getting harder and harder to go any further north during the winter as I get older. ;)
Stephen S.
===============
'99 Winnebago Chalet
2002 VW Beetle
2007 Yamaha TW200
Home town: Mableton, GA

Bill N

• ---
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 07:04:35 AM »
We have recently started camping at a semi-local campground over the July 4th holiday but not because we enjoy being with the crowd.  We camp in Branson, Mo and there is tons of entertainment there and lots of places for tourists to visit.  BUT the reason we make reservations a year in advance is because of what we would have to go through at our home.  We live in a middle income subdivision. Decent homes but some of the occupants are somewhat lacking in respect for their neighbors.  Across the street is a house with a Russian family including children who are grown adults.  They think July 4th (and the week before and after) is the best time to blow up the neighborhood with firecrackers and what sound like bombs (rattle the pictures on our wall).  Our three animals are petrified of the noise.  We have had the city police talk to them each year but as soon as they leave they go back to the same antics - forgot to mention that on July 4 they invite about 20 other Russian friends to join the party. So two years ago we decided just to bail out and 'go camping.'  Since our son works at a Branson theater, he do get some free tickets to shows and also have season passes to Silver Dollar City. But normally our camping in Branson is done during slow periods or during the middle of the week.  Sorry for the long reply but your question just tripped my trigger...............lol

Bill
Bill & Joan N in Missouri
USAF (Ret)
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 35U
Workhorse W22, 8.1L Chevy V8
2013 Chevy Sonic Toad
Furbearers:  Heidi-17(Forever), Grace-10 & Squeak-4, Winnie - 6 months

skeeter_ca

• ---
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 07:16:53 AM »
This will be our first holiday camping trip. Parents all gone, kids and grandkids are doing their own thing. We are packing up the horses and dogs and going horse camping. We will stay at the camp ground all 4 days and cook a small turkey roll and fix'ins in the trailer. Really looking forward to it.

skeeter

Rene T

• ---
  • Great being on the right side of the grass
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2017, 08:34:38 AM »
For the last 5 years, we've camped over Thanksgiving, Christmas, New years and during Easter but that's not a holiday. You see, we're in FL for the winter.  ;D  Don't miss having to shovel snow. We FaceTime the kids and grandchildren and talk to them on the phone every other day or so.
Rene & Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

Hosted by Over The Network