Winterizing a Travel Lite 625 SL Truck Camper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diannenaughton

Hi,

I'm getting my truck camper ready for winter storage for the first time.  I've read a bunch of articles on the best way to winterize the plumbing system and I'll be trying it this weekend.  I have a few questions about the electrical system though.  I would like to use a solar panel to charge the battery throughout the winter.  I'm prepared to be clearing snow off the panel if necessary.  However, is it safe to charge the battery while there is a cover over the entire camper?  It's a legitimate truck camper cover and not a tarp.  Will the battery compartment breathe sufficiently?

Thanks so much for the help.

Take care,
Dianne

Should not be a problem, unless for some reason it starts getting over charged.  Why not pull the battery a store it in the garage where you can check it?  Pull mine out every year, at home and on a trickle charger.

Wi1dBi11

Thanks Wi1dBi11.  That's what I'm going to do then, I'll pull it out of the camper and put it on the trickle charger. You're right, it's safer and I won't have to spend the money on solar panels.  Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom