Best Caulk Geocell 2300 MHRV or Dicor - non-selfleveling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pete Bosheff

Getting mixed recommendations - need to do some sealing on my 61 Avion T-20 around some seams and caulk a cap over the vent pipe, exposed gap right now trickles water down the pipe. What is the wisdom of the group? Thanks!!!

Trying to stay ahead of cold weather here in West Mich!! One day window

The Geocel is a fine caulk/sealant, but not designed for use on EPDM rubber. I would not use it on any joint that involved EPDM. Other than that, it is one of my go-to brands. The Sikaflex 521 is also excellent, but it to is NOT rated for use on EPDM rubber.

Conversely, the Dicor is designed especially for use with EPDM rubber roofing, so highly compatible. One of the best choices going if EPDM is involved. No better than anything else for other surfaces, and maybe not quite as good since it probably gave up some other characteristics to gain the EPDM compatibility.

I doubt if his Avion T-20 has any EPDM anywhere, but I mentioned EPDM compatibility just to be sure and so that others who read this topic know they need to be aware of that.

I like Sika brand caulks, especially for glass and rubber seals. Good "professional grade" products.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom