Wash RV Tires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1PlasticMan1

Just watched two videos, one by RV Geek and the other by Michelin Tires, where they recommend washing the tires on the RV.  All they show is washing the outside of the tire, not the inside or the dual rear tires.  They also recommend Aerospace 303Tire Protector.  Anyone ever washed their tires, and if so, both sides and all tires?  Also how do you like the Aerospace 303?  The claims are with proper care, the tires will last about 10 years from date of manufacture.

They are concerned with getting the dirt and other road grit off the they tires on the outside since they get the most direct sunlight(UV rays)  303 is made to protect rubber base products from the UV rays.  The effects of 303 normal lasts for 60-90 days.  As for ten years, possible, 6 years replacement is a rule of thumb, an average.  So if some lasted ten years, other are lasting four.  Care has a lot to do with tire life
Also truck tires that are on MH are better constructed then trailer tires in general.

Wi1dBi11 

I always washed the tires when I washed the motorhome, but not in-between.  A dressing like 303 provides a nice look, but I seriously doubt if it adds any to the life of the tire.  The tires on a motorhome are going to last 7-10 years unless physically damaged (road hazard), so what do you gain besides nice-looking tires?

Back
Top Bottom