Class A storage in Chattanooga area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alpena Jeff

Hey all.
I didn't want to step on Senator's topic so I started anew as they are similar.
Our concern....we need to be in south Florida on March 1 latest. We live in north Michigan. This is our first motorhome. The concern is getting out of Michigan that time of year. Yes, we can leave as early as mid-Feb and get to warmer weather then take our time assuming we get a weather window. We have that flexibility.
We are considering taking the coach and toad to Chattanooga area right after Thanksgiving and putting it in storage there then driving home until mid Feb. We then drive the toad back to reunite with coach and continue on to Fla. It's roughly 13 hours each way. We have the time.
First question...do people who share our winter weather concerns really do this? DW is all over this, I'm not so sure..
The coach will be winterized regardless.
Second question. Anyone local to that area that can recommend a storage facility? Covered with power is all we need. We have looked online and may have a prospect but have no idea what the neighborhood is like. It's right off I-75.
Thanks in advance
Jeff

Ok. My thought exactly. How does anyone reply to that. It's a personal decision. If mamma wants, momma will get. My experience up here is we will get a one or two day window even in Feb. don't sweat it..
Peace all.

That is my thought.  While there may be snow a foot deep on the grass and in the woods, you hope to not drive there!  I suspect the roads are clear about half the time, and passable half of what is left.  I would prefer to avoid "passable" in a MH, but you should have no problems with clear or mostly clear roads.  As you said, your time frame has a big window.  Chattanooga is a nice town with interesting things to see and do, but they get snow there, too.  I would leave next year.

I agree Preacher. After a big blow even up here the highways are clear in a day or so. I'll tell mama the Preacher says to hang loose! 8)

Drive 55 (or less) instead of the speed limit of 70 and you will have fewer problems in Feb.

Alpena Jeff said:
I agree Preacher. After a big blow even up here the highways are clear in a day or so. I'll tell mama the Preacher says to hang loose! 8)

If you end up in a snow bank din't blame me!  8)  ;)

We have been going to Fl the last 5yrs leaving mid Feb. We have not had to postpone our leaving date yet. Last yr was about 6-7" on the road for about first 50 miles but that has been the worst. Took it slow it cost us an extra couple hrs that day of traveling.
It was strange that the state plws were not out on interstate. If you notice sig line we are in western ny about 50 miles SE of Buffalo we occasionally get a little snow:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom