rvupgradestore.com Composet Products
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: WANTED: Opinions and advice on New Stove Top  (Read 972 times)

kismoore

• ---
WANTED: Opinions and advice on New Stove Top
« on: November 02, 2017, 03:46:13 PM »
1990 40' Bounder
Baby in the house so we want to take out the old broken stove/oven combo and replacevwith convection oven above counter.
We are getting a double burner induction cooker for the countertop but I still like that quick light propane gas burner for some things, so I'm trying to decide between a single or double burner countertop drop in propane stove top.
Has anyone had any great brands they truly stand by or brands to stay away from.. preferences on 1 or 2 burners.. history full timing with these options.
Any info appreciated.
KiS

glen54737

• ---
  • My camping buddy
Re: WANTED: Opinions and advice on New Stove Top
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 08:56:47 AM »
I replaced the induction cooktop on our new motorhome with an atwood 3 burner drop in setup it needs to be match lit i didn't find any with an igniter system. It works ok for us.
2018 Thor Miramar 35.2
2015 F-350 CC short box 6.7l 3.55 axle
2015 Alpine 3510RE-sold

Glen,Nene
Mickey & Jayco (yorkies)

Drifterrider

• ---
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 10:07:50 AM »
Have you looked at Lowe's?

LP is LP and a cook top is a cook top.  Most all gas cooktops will light with a match if there is no electricity.  The ovens, not so much.

Also, check out the recycling stores such as Habitat for Humanity Re-store.  You might find a bargain on an LP cooktop.

kismoore

• ---
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 04:44:14 PM »
thanks for all the advice.
the job is going to the back burner for awhile lol
need axle work asap.
decided a match light double burner and a single portable induction plate for inside and outside use.
going with a convection oven. not my favorite option but baby wont get burned. thanks again.
KiS

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 02:49:17 PM »
For a good LP gas cooktop I liked the Princess we had in our last motorhome. See:
http://www.southerncalmarine.com/products/stoves--ranges/gas-cooktops/gascooktopsdatasheet.pdf

We had a model like the 2276. Better than Atwood or Magic.

Ken & Sheila
2009 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ
2008 Jeep Liberty, 2006 Saturn Vue
Fur-ball kids: Ariel and Mia

Sun2Retire

• Photo moderator
  • ---
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 06:46:54 PM »
I realize you started your post by saying you didn't want the gas oven, however you may be able to find a replacement for your broken one fairly cheap at an RV salvage yard. Would save you re-doing cabinets etc, and would almost certainly be much cheaper than a convection oven. drop it in, hook it up and you're done.

By the way, is your Bounder a 40Z? That was my previous coach, Ford powered, a '94 if I recall. Had a lot of fun in that rig.
Scott
Fulltiming in a 2005 Newmar Dutch Star 3810, Spartan, Cat C7 350
Eezrv TPMS, 970W Solar, Tri-Metric Battery monitor
2002 Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab toad
Stowmaster towbar & Brakemaster toad braking system