WANTED: Opinions and advice on New Stove Top

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kismoore

1990 40' Bounder
Baby in the house so we want to take out the old broken stove/oven combo and replacevwith convection oven above counter.
We are getting a double burner induction cooker for the countertop but I still like that quick light propane gas burner for some things, so I'm trying to decide between a single or double burner countertop drop in propane stove top.
Has anyone had any great brands they truly stand by or brands to stay away from.. preferences on 1 or 2 burners.. history full timing with these options.
Any info appreciated.

I replaced the induction cooktop on our new motorhome with an atwood 3 burner drop in setup it needs to be match lit i didn't find any with an igniter system. It works ok for us.

Have you looked at Lowe's?

LP is LP and a cook top is a cook top.  Most all gas cooktops will light with a match if there is no electricity.  The ovens, not so much.

Also, check out the recycling stores such as Habitat for Humanity Re-store.  You might find a bargain on an LP cooktop.

thanks for all the advice.
the job is going to the back burner for awhile lol
need axle work asap.
decided a match light double burner and a single portable induction plate for inside and outside use.
going with a convection oven. not my favorite option but baby wont get burned. thanks again.

For a good LP gas cooktop I liked the Princess we had in our last motorhome. See:
http://www.southerncalmarine.com/products/stoves--ranges/gas-cooktops/gascooktopsdatasheet.pdf

We had a model like the 2276. Better than Atwood or Magic.

I realize you started your post by saying you didn't want the gas oven, however you may be able to find a replacement for your broken one fairly cheap at an RV salvage yard. Would save you re-doing cabinets etc, and would almost certainly be much cheaper than a convection oven. drop it in, hook it up and you're done.

By the way, is your Bounder a 40Z? That was my previous coach, Ford powered, a '94 if I recall. Had a lot of fun in that rig.

Back
Top Bottom