EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: stick on tile for back splash  (Read 213 times)

theyoungfamily

stick on tile for back splash
« on: November 02, 2017, 03:51:21 PM »
I see so many RV's remodels are using the super light weight stick on fake tiles for back splashes in the kitchen and bathroom. My question is how long with the adhesive actually hold up?  We live in South FL.  It gets toasty warm inside our 5th wheel during the summer when it is just sitting on the side of our house.  I would hate to go to the trouble of removing the border, placing the tile and then coming in one day to find it all on a heap on the counter top.  Any thoughts? Thanks

DutchEagle

• ---
  • Stick and Brick in Woodbury,MN
    • Blog and Adventures and more!
Re: stick on tile for back splash
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 07:21:15 PM »
We did a stick on tile replacing the mirrors backsplash. The tiles are peeling in several places because of the heat (Although we live in Minnesota). Looks great in the beginning but I'm considering replacing them again with something else. 

See my write up here: Backsplash replacement with smart tiles.
Klaas (Retired 9/1/2016) & Eileen (+dog Bailey)
"Qua Patet Orbis" - Dutch Marines (1968-1975)
2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD
Toad: 2011 Buick LaCrosse (Roadmaster Sterling towbar)

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 07:38:36 PM »
 I used the Smart Tiles  mentioned in previous post. I did a smaller area in Bathroom and have NO problems with peeling at all.  It looks terrific.

I  did a post here  on RVForum but can't recall the date.  It was a fairly  inexpensive do it yourself project so  if it failed it was still worth the  $ for the upgrade in my opinion.
Betty

Edit: Betty's prior post with photos.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 03:36:31 AM by Tom »
Betty Brewer

see where we are

rvannie23

• ---
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 08:33:12 PM »
I used Smart Tiles as well to do my entire kitchen wall and a portion of my bathroom. Two years later no issues. MS gets just as hot as FL and I havenít had any problems. I wipe down the ones in the bathroom with a damp paper towel when I clean and it works great.
2014 Laredo 274rb TT
2015 Duramax
FL - MS - TX

Hosted by Over The Network