Front Cap Insulation - Class A

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heli_av8tor

I noticed when buying our coach that there was little insulation in the front cap. The dealer told me that if I insulate this area it will lead to condensation and that it will run down causing water damage.

I've learned to take a lot of his words as typical salesman B.S.  What do you guys think?

The picture shows the area looking through the TV opening (above the windshield). It would be easy to stuff some fiberglass batting in to fill the void.

Attachments

• insulation.JPG
    insulation.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 33
I hope it wouldn't, if it does, mine will probably have that same issue because I insulated my cap on my "C". It was kinda insulated from the factory, just not very well. I used Roxul to insulate mine.

Don't overthink insulating the front cap ... that large windshield right below it is another huge thermal leak.

My windshield is somewhat shaded! ;D I do use a cover on the windshield though.
By my thinking, anything within reason to save heat/cooling costs is a help. Cost me about $40 for a bundle of Roxul. Used about $10 worth in the cap. I will use some to add insulation around the water heater in the sticks and bricks, and still have a bit left over.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom