Fuel pump / tank access measurement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wackymac

Does anyone have the distance measurement from the center of the rear axle to the center of the tank fuel pump access for a 2001 F53?  I've seen the chassis diagram and measurements but they are too blurry to read.  I want to cut an access hole in the floor (Justin Case).

I can't answer your question, but I think I would tell Justin to take a hike.  I might mark the spot and wait until Bro Knit showed up!

While you are at it might just as well cut a hole as big as possible, as often as you will have to access the fuel pump it should be vey handy. Or not!!!!! :-\

Old racer-----That's what I am going to do.  Thought it would be easier than dropping the tank.  But I want to get the location as close as possible instead of having a 12" square hole in the wrong spot.

Not that hard to drop the fuel tank. Pump out the fuel to lighten it up. I use my motorcycle jack to lower it.

Cutting a hole you risk cutting the fuel line and compromise the integrity of the floor.

Hey, if it ain't broke,  keep fixing it 'til it is. Wacky for sure.

wackymac said:
Old racer-----That's what I am going to do.  Thought it would be easier than dropping the tank.  But I want to get the location as close as possible instead of having a 12" square hole in the wrong spot.

That was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, I would not really consider an access hole to fix a problem which would rarely occur, and logically be fixed by the regular method of dropping the tank.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom