Extended Warranty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
702Rubi said:
I've only had the vehicle a little over two and a half years, and I can assure you Chrysler has already shelled out more than $2,200 on repairs, towing, rental cars,and trip Interruption costs.

This due to multiple mechanical problems with the vehicle. Including two separate breakdowns in remote areas well away from my home. 

I originally had a $100 deductible. But after the first few problems, I browbeat them into a $0 deductible.
Wouldn't those repairs be included in the normal 36 month warranty?  Does the factory warranty have a deductible?

So, extended warranties are not always a waste of money.  ;)
Depending on your answer to the above, this remains to be seen. 

garyb1st said:
Wouldn't those repairs be included in the normal 36 month warranty?  Does the factory warranty have a deductible?
Depending on your answer to the above, this remains to be seen.

No deductible on the original basic warranty.

True, some of the problems occurred before the 36k mark.  The 2nd breakdown was after that mark.

But, there is no trip interruption reimbursement under the original basic warranty. Both of the breakdowns occurred two states away in Colorado.  Just the lodging and meal expenses I was reimbursed for the two breakdowns added up to about $1,300.

Without laying out all the math, I'm confident they have shelled out about $2,200 by now.

Furthermore, having had so many problems with the vehicle in its first 46k miles, I expect more will follow.  :mad:

As someone else noted, I'm just The Unlucky One who is actually getting something out of this coverage. But given the ever-increasing costs of labor and parts, not to mention the expenses if waylaid while traveling, I don't think I'd buy any vehicle without also getting this type of coverage. JMHO.  ;)

I notice I no longer get the Extended Warranty email solicitations because my coach is 15 years old and the premium would be astronomical but I consider my Coach Net Roadside Assistance to be the absolute best bargain available and I have used it extensively enough that their costs far exceed my premiums.  Yes, I intend to maintain it as long as they maintain those standard rates and do try to treat it like an insurance where the more you use it the more the rates go up.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom