Vista LX 30T No Dash heat or Motoraid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Richw

We have a 2018 Vista LX 30T and the dash heater does not work. Also the motoraid water heater assist does not work.  I took it back to our dealer and they could not find the problem.  The A/C and fan work fine. I opened the hood and looked at the heater water control valve. This valve is driven by an electric motor and I can detect vibration of the motor when the temperature control knob in the dash is turned.  I also noticed that none of the hoses going to the heater control valve are very warm. I removed the dog house and found that the motoraid lines to the water heater are cold. All tests were run with the engine up to operating temperature. It looks like there is no water flow to the dash heater or the motoraid lines.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank you,
Richard and Cathy

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

Welcome! I see an occasional report of dash air/heat or motoraid not working but I can't recall ever seeing a report like this on a new unit.

So other than saying they can't find the problem, did they leave you with any options or suggestions? Did they say the Winnebago part of the heating system was okay? Did they have any conclusions?  This could be in the big gray area of is it a chassis problem or a house problem.

Call or email Winnebago Owner Relations Monday - contact info in the Winnebago and chassis Resources thread near the top of this section.

My dealer initially did not want to work on the dash heat problem. They said that was a Ford item.
Winnebago finally got them to take a look at it. Here is what I got from the service department after 4 weeks.

"I went through all dash board components, checking connections and fittings.  The valve is functioning correctly, as are the controls on the Winnebago side, all connections were true and I don't believe that it is any of the components on the Winnebago side.  Please check with Ford, if they can't get it resolved, we will go through it again".

I have been in contact with Winnebago and they are suppose to get back with me on Monday.

Ah, so that's the rest of the story. It would make sense to have a Ford dealer check it now. This kind of problem can be very frustrating since it can get into a finger pointing session between the chassis and house builder.

I found 2 kinked hoses in the Motoraid system. One was above the engine and the other was in the sewer compartment. We made a 2 hour trek to a compground yesterday and we had heat all the way. When I get home I will shorten the hose in the sewer compartment so that it cannot kink.
Thank you all for the help.
Rich

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe-
Back
Top Bottom