1985 Winnebago Cheiftain first drive in 8 + years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris1986heap

BREMERTON WA, TOOELE UTAH, DUSCHENSE UTAH
I was on here awhile back, asking for advise on my Class A. I told everyone I was going make a trip from Washington to Utah. about 900 miles.
Will my concern was tires, many other peoples concern was brakes. I had my mechanic go through everything before my departure. I was leaving my mechanics house and I threw 2 belts. This RV has a 454 in it, and runs like a beast. The Rv was sitting for 8 plus years when I got it with old bad gas. Surprising I got it to run with old fuel and it ran good. I put some sea foam and new gas in it, drive it round. No problems, until my departure. Come find out the alternator is also the tension pulley. Every time I slow down I would throw a belt, as the bolt was stripped out. Long story short 6 belts later, 900 miles later it made it. However I now have it in shop to get this problem fixed.

Glad you made it with no worse problems than that!  Even if the 454 is in great shape, there are lots of other parts required to function for the trip.  Enjoy the new MH!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Winger84
Back
Top Bottom